Customer Service 866.965.0400

Low Temp. Questions

SON1C

Question

10 answers to this question

Ive used the Detail Spray many times when it was cold, works fine if you keep your working area small and for me it seems to need a couple extra passes when buffing off as it doesn't seem to " flash" evenly. I used the Americana once in those temps and was ok but seemed to streak more but sure feels good to have a nice shine on the rides when 90% of the other cars on the road are salt crusted. Spring is coming!

You can use the products at that temperature, but don't store them at that temperature. (Well, maybe except Americana, lots of us store that in a refrigerator)

I keep all my paste waxes in our wet bar fridge. It's great to see our friends faces when they open it! :cheers:

The Americana will be the least impacted by cold temps... it might take longer to cure, but otherwise it'll be fine.

Cleaners don't seem to care much, detail spray tends to be a little more problematic if its really cold. Might see some streaking that requires more wiping, but nothing horrible.

Brilliant Glaze might need more time than usual to setup, so keep that in mind.

Storage wise freezing is never ideal for any detail product. Keep them all above 45* (Americana can go in the fridge, just don't freeze it)

Doesn't hurt it. Paste wax is one of the few products that likes cold (not freezing) temps. Your wax won't die if you don't refrigerate it, but it definitely keeps it nice if it is. Premium carnauba is something thats worth some money, so anything you can do to help preserve that 'freshness' isn't a bad idea.

Does it matter if I don't store my Americana in the refrigerater? It's 36-37 degrees. Will it last longer? Will it perform better? Or the same. My wife just [i know] would have a problem with this only because she'll say chemicals next to food what are you crazy.:help: