Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Order - Detail Spray Frozen?

AmethystBMW

Question

15 answers to this question

Mook is spot on... just thaw at room temp and inspect.

We've purposely been leaving new forumla outside at night here (been down in the teens and 20's) to see what freezing does to it.

So far theres not obvious issues. The old formula would turn red and weird after freezing... new juice doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

To ahead and use it. May need to order a 3pack of sprayers tho. Something tells me you'll wear that one out trying to get it to come out. Haha.

Couldn't resist.

Nice rides Jonathan! Man, we have been trying to get a sample to freeze in test shipments to no avail. It should be fine once at room temp.

Just curious, did the box sit on your doorstep for a few hours? How cold was it?

Let us know how you like it when the weather allows!

Thanks Jonathan!:thumbsup:

Nice rides Jonathan! Man, we have been trying to get a sample to freeze in test shipments to no avail. It should be fine once at room temp.

Just curious, did the box sit on your doorstep for a few hours? How cold was it?

I have seen boxes literally freeze to the floor in the belly of those drop frame trailers that FedEx uses. Especially with all the cold and snow that they have experienced back east recently.

Received one of mine frozen.. It was delivered that way.. took the shipment in when the door bell rang and opened and found one bottle slushy and the gallon to be mostly thawed out. Oh yeah the 4 oz bottle was also slushy.

I left it out on the fireplace mantel and wallah! It was good as new by morning. Worked great no side affects from the freezing and thawing process.

Edited by Mongosg8

Jonathan what city are you in?

New Britain

Thanks Adam! The box was delivered to my job and sat in the heated receptionist area for about 30 min before I picked it up. I opened the box when I got it and noticed the detail spray was frozen. Not entirely frozen but the top section of the bottle was. It has since defrosted and I haven't noticed any clumps or anything settling at the bottom.

It was in the low 20's during the day dipping into the low teens at night earlier in the week. It probably froze in the FedEx warehouse.

The other bottles were ok including the APC.

I had this problem this winter to, so cold here in Michigan. I thawed it out and its a funky red color, is it still ok to use?

Thanks

Ron

Ron, color is the first thing that will go funky with extreme temperatures, and it's purely cosmetic at that point.  You should be just fine if it's in a totally liquid state.

If you see any separation that can't be remedied by vigorous shaking, or anything "floating" around in the bottle, then shoot me a message and I'll get you a replacement sent out.  :)

Should be ok once thawed and shaken, not stirred, lol.

Only things I've heard that have real troubles with thawing after freezing could be the Car Shampoo and SVRT, Nick correct me if I'm wrong.  I read the sticky about product freezing at the top of the forum, and I follow the rules for the most part.

Had my products on my basement work bench for about 2 months this winter, once the temps were hitting the teens for a high during the day my un-heated garage can dip below freezing temp, I think the coldest it got in there was 29-30 degrees so the products were starting to get slushy.  I took them inside, this was probably late December/early January, just stocked my shelf in the garage back up 2 days ago.

We are all set in the 50s for the next week or so in Jersey with one cold day due on Monday with a high of 30, but my garage won't get that cold unless the temps are in the low 20's or lower.