Customer Service 866.965.0400

My girls escape took a dump Rant :mad:

Blue04SSS

Two weeks ago my girl called me while I was at work and said her 08 Ford escape was revving really high and would not shift.:help: She was on the highway and her trans went from overdrive to neutral and she had to pull over. She restarted her escape and it would only go into a lower gear so she could not drive highway speeds so she left it at a mall and I had to leave work and exchange vehicles with her. So I left work and drove about 1/2 hour up there and took her escape and drove it to my transmission shop two blocks from where I work. I drove the escape and it drove really weird. From having vehicles with a trans problem before I was able to drive it back. It was going from first to third without second gear. My Trans guy backed up my theory and said second and fourth were gone and it needed a repair. Her escape had 62,639 miles on it. That is 2,639 miles out of fords drivetrain warranty. I called my dealership and they said they couldnt cover it because it was out of warranty but said maybe a call to ford could help with some assistance. So I call ford, they give me a case number and tell me I need my dealership to diagnose it. So I give it to my dealership they diagnose it same result. They explain that I have to OK a diagnostic fee and that ford would want to probably pull the trans and I would have to OK that too if ford would even look into it as a possible warranty with some assistance from ford directly. Well I Ok it and a couple days later I ok them pulling the trans. Two days ago I get a call from the dealership saying that Ford is unwilling to help at all. At this point I am furious. I was not expecting ford to cover the whole cost but maybe a little assistance would of been nice. So I call Ford directly again and they pretty much tell me to go pound sand so of course I said some colorful words to them and said they would never receive my business again. At the same time my dealership offered a discount and then offered to of paid for a rental vehicle for my girl. I am just amazed to see a dealership going out of their way to help me and my Fiance out, and ford not offering a cent when i am barely out of warranty and for a problem not caused by abuse. Guess we are all just lucky to have companies out there that still care about their customers and future business like adams:patriot:. I just wish there were more out there.

Sorry for long rant just extremely frustrated when I have my wedding coming up in June.

Hate to say this but ..I hear nightmares about FORD cars/dealers

Than again.. GM dealers are just as bad. Nothing but crappy service experience through the dealer I purchased it from with my Pontiac.

So Im convinced its an American auto maker issue

Glad you are getting it fixed but personally I think Ford screwed you. They shouldve done right and at least prorated it considering how close the warranty expired.

My buddy was a GM mechanic for YEARS and could tell you stories that'd make you cry... Sorry, but they ALL do it and they're within the law to do so and GM will do the same thing. Happened to me with a Saturn with 37,000 miles on it. Told me to pound salt.

Glad you're getting it sorted.

My brother had his rear wheel seals go out destroyed the rear breaks at 97k gm took care of it then one just went out at 120 k ish and they fixed it again for free out of warranty. Some deers are just better then others.

The dealer has been great. Ford the company were jerks. The dealership said they would of had to show ford proof of mileage to get it covered under ford. I totally understand them not covering it but I think they should of helped atleast a little bit.

Out of warranty is out of warranty. Not many companies will offer anything for something out of warranty. Is it horrible timing, yes, does it suck, yes. Im sure I would have been pissed too. But I dont think a company is a bad company and deserves to get slammed because they wouldnt fix something for free that is out of warranty. A company cant make any money fixing out of warranty issues for free, it is what it is. Might be part of why Ford didnt need govt assistance. I think its nice the dealer offered some sort of discount at all.

I always purchase extended warranties because I lost some faith in GM after having service issues with their dealers.

So far the extended warranties have paid for themselves over the years.

Edited by Mongosg8

glad its getting fixed and the dealership is doing a little to help you out. i've been fortunate that i have a toyota delaer that works with me it can be a struggle someitmes but i usually get the parts at cost or warrentied when im out of warrenty.

I always purchase extended warranties because I lost some faith in GM after having service issues with their dealers.

So far the extended warranties have paid for themselves over the years.

I have NEVER purchased an extended warranty and NEVER will. I haven't needed one either. I would rather spend that money on other things.

I have NEVER purchased an extended warranty and NEVER will. I haven't needed one either. I would rather spend that money on other things.

Charlie

I always managed to negotiate the price of the warranty never paid too much for one.

IMO ..If I purchase American I purchase extended warranty. That has been my experience the last 20 years and it always paid for itself.

Charlie

I always managed to negotiate the price of the warranty never paid too much for one.

IMO ..If I purchase American I purchase extended warranty. That has been my experience the last 20 years and it always paid for itself.

I have only owned one American car. It was a 1975 Buick that I bought in 1981. Of course the warranty is negotiable. The bulk of the cost goes to the dealer and the rest to the manufacturer. It's a big money maker for many dealers. Too much for me would be 1 dollar more than I had to spend. :)

Out of warranty is out of warranty. Not many companies will offer anything for something out of warranty. Is it horrible timing, yes, does it suck, yes. Im sure I would have been pissed too. But I dont think a company is a bad company and deserves to get slammed because they wouldnt fix something for free that is out of warranty. A company cant make any money fixing out of warranty issues for free, it is what it is. Might be part of why Ford didnt need govt assistance. I think its nice the dealer offered some sort of discount at all.

I do agree, but i also think they should of show a little bit more compassion than the dealership did. I totally get the fact we were out of warranty and I dont expect Ford to cover the entire thing and say no problem. Then everybody would be covered under warranty and the warranty guidelines would mean nothing at all. I just find it irritating that they said they will offer no help at all, no rental no percentage of assistance, nothing when the car was not abused. I Find nothing wrong with Ford saying they wont cover it, but when the dealership is offering to help with 20% and then offered a free car rental. I find it strange that the dealership is more willing to help than the company behind them. If ford said sorry we cant help you with the cost, but we could offer some assistance with a rental, or have a small discount, just something at all I wouldnt be mad at all, but instead they said nothing and the dealer went out of their way to help me. I guess I expected Ford to be the ones to help and the dealership being the one to tell me to go pound sand.