Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where do you park your ride in the parking lot?

eleven357

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am envolved in the design and development of shopping centers and always manage to have the Architect show a few " special " parking stalls suitable fot shiney cars on the site plan. In addition there are typically stalls behind shopping centers intended for employees which they do not park in that are very suitable for those of us who do not want parking company. (even during Christmas season). :banana: You also get excersize ! :thumbsup:

Think about this........

If you park in an end stall (which I ususlly do) is it best to be on the driver's side of the adjacent stall or the passenger's side??.........

In my opinion the adjacent driver is apt to be more carefull with his door than the passenger. However, as there is always a driver and there may not always a passenger perhaps the passenger side is the best side to be on?....And 60 degree stalls are definitely safer than 90 degree spaces !! :thumbsup:

i park on end stall if possible with my passenger side facing the driver side. like you said, drivers are more apt to pay attention and be careful than passengers. main reason being is they know how heavy or light their doors are and how far they swing out, most passengers dont...

My area is a well off place, so for me, the "I think I'll park next to the nice bmw, cadillac, etc." doesn't work too well for me. I just make sure I'm as centered as possible in my space, there's enough room, and it's easy to get out.

You guys think parking lots are unsafe? Parking in front of my house is unsafe, and I've had better luck in parking lots than even in a friend's driveway (my antenna was broken clear off by someone, leaving the stub) Just yesterday, my car was parked in front of my house and someone backed into the side of my car :snap::explode:

So far, I have no complaints from parking lots, haha.