Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where do you park your ride in the parking lot?

eleven357

Hello All!

I have always tried to park away from everyone. I never take 2 spaces. And still, some jerk has to go out of his way to park right next to me.

Does this happen to any of you? Or is it just me?

I want to protect my car as much as I can from idiots who could care less.

Any suggestions?:lurk:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I park towards the back in the hopes no one is next to me or if thats not an option, i try and find a spot next to cars that are tons better than mine. figure if im next to a mercedes or porsche or vetts, the owners are going to be careful. if i park next to a beat up 10 color rustbucket honda stationwagon...chances are im gonna come out to a SERIOUS door ding at the very least...

I park towards the back in the hopes no one is next to me or if thats not an option, i try and find a spot next to cars that are tons better than mine. figure if im next to a mercedes or porsche or vetts, the owners are going to be careful. if i park next to a beat up 10 color rustbucket honda stationwagon...chances are im gonna come out to a SERIOUS door ding at the very least...

I use this same logic.

I normally park far out in the lot but I must admit that on a windy day a shopping cart going 70 mph can do some damage to a door.

Yep...happened to me. :willy::willy::willy:

damn that really sucks!

I am sorry that you had to go through that!

I could only imagine how pissed you were.

I normally park far out in the lot but I must admit that on a windy day a shopping cart going 70 mph can do some damage to a door.

Yep...happened to me. :willy::willy::willy:

MY pop up canopy took flight at a car show last summer and landed on a 66 Vette that had just been repainted. Murphy's law in action.

I try to park as far away from people as possible too, but there is always some jerk who feels it's "fun" to park next to the Vette.

I rarely take the vette anywhere where it needs to be left in a lot by itself, but when I do I always park like a jerk; in a corner on an angle so my back tires are each facing a curb. If it's a busy lot I won't do that but I still try to keep it away from other cars if possible.

glad to see so many others play the same parking lot game that I do.

However, the jerks and their dings will always find a way to get you at some point. For me it was when my grandfather was in the hospital and I had no choice but to park in a busy lot. Needless to say when I came out some POS wagon had parked too close and popped me with both doors! It was hard to not put my fist thru something that day.

I park right up in any of the first spots as long as its next to a cement barrier or theres a Marked off handicap zone and I put my side tires into that so that on the other side theres 2 or 3 feet from the other parking spot.

and I never take handicap spots cause then your just a A$$hole

I work at a grocery store , so I definitely park at the back of the lot. On the weekends people have no other choice but to park beside mine. No problems yet. 15 years w/ a Mustang (3 different ones) parked at the grocery store

i park at the back, rain or shine, i'll walk, but yea, people still park by me sometimes..

someone dented dad's back fender pretty bad last week, he was pissed..

looks like a big door ding, it's right where the fender comes out, so it sucked.

at work there was a truck in my spot after lunch last week, so i parked next to him, then i saw the edge of his door, where obiously he has hit several cars, and I decided to move, lol

ive been door dinged by a POS and ive been dinged by nice cars ,so i just park wherever now. i watched the guy in the nice car bouce his door off my car as we were walking up, then has the nerve to get mad at me cause i said something to him and no the @#$ didnt even apoligize. wanted to kick his door so bad!!!!

adam woulda done the hulk crumble on that car...and i wouldnt blame him...ive done similar(walked up in time to watch a lady in a pos station wagon smack her door into my car and say "meh, if the person can afford that, they can afford to fix it...." she picked a very bad time to pull that seeing as how i was alrady in a bad mood....really suprised i wasnt arrested lol

Hello All!

I have always tried to park away from everyone. I never take 2 spaces. And still, some jerk has to go out of his way to park right next to me.

Does this happen to any of you? Or is it just me?

I want to protect my car as much as I can from idiots who could care less.

Any suggestions?:lurk:

It's happened to me in the G8. I parked all the way out at the grocery store and some jack in the box in an old bubble hood Probe had to park next to me. There had to be 8 spots between me and the next car. He didn't hit my car (I looked). He just did it to be a jag off!

People are just jealous a-holes and they think they're being funny.

Funny thing is it hasn't happened lately. Of course most people don't like walking that far in -29ºF weather... lol :)

Chris