Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather interior product runs

BTBSS

Question

So is it common once the product is exposed to water that it creates runs?

I applied the leather conditioner to my dash and door panels. Today as it was raining and I was getting in and out of the car I noticed that the product that was applied to the door panels had runs going down the plastics from the rain that hit it.

Is this common . Just reapply and move on?

Sent using Tapatalk

9 answers to this question

When you apply the Leather conditioner do you wait until it soaks in and after give it a nice wipe down with a MF towel? Not sure if you have any product residue still sitting on there that might cause it to run once exposed to the dripping of the water.

I never really noticed this happening before with my car.

But I use VRT for my upper door panels and leather cleaner for my mid panels. I know the VRT is water proof and I do not get any runs with it on top but never noticed any on the mid panels or lower panels.

I notice the same thing on the plastics in my FR-S when water comes into contact with the plastics. I wipe it down after applying the conditioner with the edgeless utility towels. When i get runs i usually just put one spray of the interior and leather cleaner into one of the utility towels and wipe that particular area down to get rid of the runs. That knocks out the runs and doesn't really make a difference in the finish since i wiped down the conditioner a few minutes after applying it.

Leather Conditioner has Zero water repellent properties. For my door panels, this is why I use SVRT.

Mook

Lesson learned. Might be good to put in series 9 DVD for interior cleaning or a tips and tricks video for the site.

Sent using Tapatalk

Leather Conditioner has Zero water repellent properties. For my door panels, this is why I use SVRT.

Mook

Exactly. Leather conditioner is meant to be absorbed into fabric. It won't absorb into plastic. SVRT is meant to be used on plastics, hard surfaces.

Use the right products on the right surfaces for best results. :thumbsup: