Customer Service 866.965.0400

My first use with Americana. Me likey!

KKJ

Question

I thought I would share some pics of my freshly detailed pickup. This was my first time using Americana, and I realy like how it is applied, removed, and how the finished product looks. This is a 2012 that I have had for about a year now. It didn't sit on the lot, and the paint was in real good shape from the dealer. All I have done is clay, seal, glaze, and wax. I have not done any corrective work to it at all. Don't yell at me for having too much product on here, but I will admit it's a lot! So far, I have 8 coats of Machine super sealant, 1 coat of Brilliant glaze, and 2 coats of Americana wax. I don't see any hazing at all. It is just pure shine! It looks great outside, but the weather isn't cooperating for outdoor pics.

14 answers to this question

Want to do mine next? I have that exact truck in stealth gray metallic, and know how much time it takes to apply product. I have a DD that is much smaller and takes like a third of the time to wash and wax, and is much better on gas...lol. You have a nice looking truck BTW.

8 coats? Sounds like you have a LOT of time on your hands! lol

Not really, that is just over the course of the year I have owned it. Besides, winter is really dragging on this year. I have to do something to keep myself occupied when it is cold all the time.

8 coats? Sounds like you have a LOT of time on your hands! lol

Not really, that is just over the course of the year I have owned it. Besides, winter is really dragging on this year. I have to do something to keep myself occupied when it is cold all the time.

Oh so you've not clayed it in that time? I thought you literally cleaned the truck and put 8 coats of MSS on it, which would take 8 days to do.