Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie questions, help!

Mamba

Question

So today was finally a semi-nice day, so I decided to wash my car around 5pm. I'd been dying to finally use the deep wheel cleaner for over a week so I started with that. Good purple stuff on the rotors and caliper, but didn't see any purple on the wheels. Is that a good sign or bad? Also the all purpose cleaner left the tires with a yellow shade... I know I'm supposed to use SVRT on it but I didn't think it'd be a mandatory step because it discolored the tires, is this normal?

Wash came out great, and there was still some light out so I decided to clay the car. Started on the hood and bumper, bag tested it and the difference was definitely noticeable. Sadly as I was working on the fenders, it got really dark out and I dropped the clay! Trashed it, but decided against continuing claying the car because it was so dark. Was it a mistake to start so late? Can I continue the claying tomorrow or do I have to redo the parts I went through? Wash the car again? :help:

I'm hoping to use the brilliant glaze and Americana tomorrow too, can't wait for that legendary shine!

3 answers to this question

Purple on the wheels is neither a good sign or bad sign. Just means that you didn't have the build up of brake dust on your wheels. Dylan mentioned somewhere that certain pads will create more dust therefore more of a "purple" reaction than others. My guess is that certain pads contain more of iron oxide that others, therefore creating more of a purple reaction.

In regards to your tires going yellow after using APC, it sounds to me like you let the stuff dry on your tires. Then tried to rinse it off. May want to rewash the tires and scrub them then rinse off before product dries.

In regards to claying you can continue the following day without any problems. The only time I would recommend a rewash as being necessary is if your driving the car and haven't finished your claying. If your car sits outside and collects some dust, maybe a waterless wash.