Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to clean all the little cracks and crevasses?

rm25x

Question

Just wanted some ideas and suggestions as to how you clean all the gunk out of the joints in the center console, around the switches, etc? I thought about small detail brushes but not sure if they would get it all out or just push it around. I have a car to clean that the center console is so hit that you can't hardly read the gear indicator!

Edited by rm25x

15 answers to this question

I use toothbrushes. You can buy them in soft, Med, and Firm bristles to suit your needs. I spritz the bristles with the Leather and Interior Cleaner and go to town. Wipe it down with a MF towel and your golden.

Most cars’ consoles can easily be taken apart. Makes for an easier and cleaner job; allowing you better access to the intricate cracks and crevices. Just be careful not to crack the plastic.

For loose stuff, lug nut brush or vac with bristle/brush attachment. For gunk that's really in there, well, on my older car actually started checking where the screws were and started taking the center console apart. That seemed like the only way to clean it really well. Otherwise like you said you just start pushing the gunk around. If its a newer car or to complicated you'll have to work around it.

I use the Trim and Lug Brush on the interior (separate from the one I use on the exterior), to get all the vents and crannies and knooks.

Mook

I have 3 of them.. 1 for wheels, one for exterior trim/emblems etc. and one for the interior.

If you have a Master Blaster, it's amazing what can come out of your car.

Open up all the doors, and blow out all the cracks and crevices in your interior. I once had numerous Cheerios fly out the other side (at quite the velocity, I might add) when the Master Blaster hose momentarily grazed below the front seat of a customer's car.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I used my tongue..

And some panel popper tools that are blade-shaped. They came with some scosche brand dynamat I bought 10 years ago. Also have left over crevice tools from the random car wash brush kits I've foolishly purchased at SAMs and Costco prior to my taking of the RED pill.