Customer Service 866.965.0400

A couple of questions I haven't found answers to

thealien

Question

Does the undercarriage spray last as long as SVRT?

Is the undercarriage spray just easier to apply?

How long does SVRT last? After how many washes does it need to be reaplied?

Does the in and out spray leave the same finish/protection as SVRT? In other words if I do most of my interior with SVRT can I use in and out for some of the harder to get to places?

It gets really dusty where I live. I don't feel like washing 2-3 times a week and I feel trying to wipe down with detail spray probably isn't a good idea. What about the california dusters (thought I saw they weren't recomended?)

I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado LTZ with the "chrome clad" (chromed plastic) wheels. What is the best way to clean and what should I use to protect them (americana?)

Thanks in advance

Mark

Edited by thealien

10 answers to this question

I haven't used Invisible undercarriage spray yet. SVRT is a couple weeks, but is water based, so if you put APC on your tires, the SVRT will come off. I&O is fine for the interior, but I'm not sure if it has UV protection. Leather conditioner is also good for interior plastics. You can use WW and WW towels to deal with the dust. A duster can scratch.

IUS does not last as long as SVRT. It is much thinner, so it goes on easily, but I find it looks best if I wipe it down with a terry towel.

SVRT can last for several weeks, but it depends on how much shine you like and if you encounter rain.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I use IUCS on wheel house liners and the occasional customer who wants a shiny tire...blah. It seems more oily to me so it seems it should last longer than SVRT. Hill is right.. It must be wiped to achieve a smooth finish.

I keep a Cali duster in both garages. Great for when the car has sat in the garage and gotten dusty. I personally wouldn't use the duster after driving it and getting it dusty. That's a lot of dust that is more attached to the car... Whereas dust from sitting in the garage is just lying there.

Then finish it off with WW or DS.

Be sure to follow the Cali duster directions before/during use. Only let the end of the bristles touch the paint... If even that. Never rest it flat against the surface.

For the wheels, I use car shampoo and the usual array of brushes to clean them. Protect them with quick sealant. Unsure how Americana does with the heat that wheels get.

In/out Spray is for those areas you can't get SVRT on by hand... It lasts just the same in my experience. Great on cowls, grilles, engine compartment... Rear diffusers...anything louvered.... I order that by the case.

For me, SVRT lasts till the next good rain. But I wash my cars every few days if its not raining... And will notice my tires still look pretty fresh. Not day 1 fresh, but better than anyone else at Walmart! Lol.

Hope I helped.

Edited by KicktoTheJunk

Guest Gone & Forgotten
Master blaster, blower equivalent to remove dust is also an option

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

I've found that using air for dust removal is safe if you're not going to wipe the surface after with WW or DS.

If you have a device to blow dust off... Use it, then the Cali duster. Keeps the Cali duster cleaner. They do have a shelf life. After so many uses, the wax built into them is gone. Wish they were washable and rechargeable, but at $15, mine last around 2 years. Not real heavy usage.

In the wheel wells of MOST vehicles Undercarriage Spray will last longer. There are some odd plastics that it doesn't seem to play nice with, but in 90+% of the times I've used it, theres no reason to think SVRT would last any longer.

It definitely covers better.

All depends on the specific vehicle, but usually a couple of washes before its completely gone. Also depends entirely on what specific surfaces you're talking about. Seems to last longer on tires, not as long on smooth trim, longer on textured plastics.

Does the in and out spray leave the same finish/protection as SVRT? In other words if I do most of my interior with SVRT can I use in and out for some of the harder to get to places?

In & Out finishes similarly to SVRT and lasts about the same amount of time unless exposed to moisture IOS doesn't stand up as well to water.

It gets really dusty where I live. I don't feel like washing 2-3 times a week and I feel trying to wipe down with detail spray probably isn't a good idea. What about the california dusters (thought I saw they weren't recomended?)

There are numerous threads on the subject. Essentially you'd be dragging a dirty yarn over your finish. The first few uses, they're fine, but once that parafin wax starts to hold dirt you'd just as well grab the mop you use to clean the kitchen floors and use that.

You can't really wash them as that removes the parafin, so then you're left with a dry yarn mop.

Waterless Wash was pretty much specifically made for removal of dust and will be far safer than dry removal if used properly.

I have a 2012 Chevy Silverado LTZ with the "chrome clad" (chromed plastic) wheels. What is the best way to clean and what should I use to protect them (americana?)

Treat them just like your paint, as they are clear coated. If you get really dirty buildup you can use GWC or DWC for cleaning. For protection I prefer Quick Sealant as its the most durable product we offer, but you can use Americana if you like.