Customer Service 866.965.0400

what would you do?

duramax

Question

Ok fairly new hear, been lurking for awhile. i have three cars to do and one has some pretty decent swirls, others have the normal swirls most car has(minus the ones on here). All three have the usual few scratches from being a DD. So my question is, would the PC be able to make the paint swirl free and remove most scratches? Im not looking for show cars, just hate the look when the sun shines on them.

Also would i assume i would be better off starting my collection to prevent swirls then get the machine and products. Would this be correct?

thanks!

16 answers to this question

Seeing how you have a truck, I would get a Flex or a Griot's Garage instead of the PC. Not saying it's impossible, but the PC is slower and that really shows on a truck with a lot of paint like yours.

And yeah I would invest in caring for your paint before investing in correcting your paint simply because if you correct your paint and continue to wash improperly you will basically have to start all over again.

Thanks, time doesn't really matter for me as I won't need to get it done very quick. Do you think the griots garage is better choice then? Basically if it will get the swirls and scratches out that's all I care about.

A pc will certainly do the job; a flex will do it faster. A lot of guys around here start with a PC then upgrade to the flex, then say they wish they'd just got the flex to start with. For a guy like you with three cars to do, one being a truck -- I'd say you won't regreat having a flex. :2thumbs:

Alright then. But if I start with the pc I could always use it for the smaller areas like bumpers, mirrors, etc. I am planning on 1 week per vehicle so I think the pc would do fine. The thing holding me back from the flex is the price because I'm not 100% sure I will like detailing.

Alright then. But if I start with the pc I could always use it for the smaller areas like bumpers, mirrors, etc. I am planning on 1 week per vehicle so I think the pc would do fine. The thing holding me back from the flex is the price because I'm not 100% sure I will like detailing.

The flex holds it's resale value very well. If you were to decide against flex, in terms of getting a PC or the competitor with the big G, always go with the competitor in my opinion. Same money, much stronger motor.

Grab whatever Adam's kit you were going to get, and just opt for no machine and pick up the competitor's DA somewhere else.

I don't find a PC to my liking for small areas because the shroud on the PC is large and doesn't fit in small areas like grilles. At least not in mine.

I picked up a 3" version of the competitor's DA machine which is a smaller version of the 6" of the same competitor's DA machine, which fits into tight areas, but has a weak motor. Unfortunately, everything is give and take.

Edited by ihaveacamaro

I am surprised admin didn't chime in because of an other companies product promotion. Adams doesn't sell the Griots because it is a competitor !??? They only sell the flex and pc so thats your choice here. All their pads were designed around those products which they back by their guarantee!

I am surprised admin didn't chime in because of an other companies product promotion. Adams doesn't sell the Griots because it is a competitor !??? They only sell the flex and pc so thats your choice here. All their pads were designed around those products which they back by their guarantee!

Probably because it's late at night. I'll edit my post.

Excellent idea! The PC will be slower, but if time is not an issue, you will be fine. The Flex will be faster, but as you said, it much more expensive.

I started off with the PC, and quickly upgraded to the flex! The flex is a much nicer machine to use for long periods of time as well as making things go faster. I still use my PC, just with a 3" backing plate and pad that I use to get out some tougher scratches or get in small areas. I don't know how much you're willing to spend but you really can't go wrong with having both, just use the PC with the 3" pads and use the flex to do the big stuff.

The flex holds it's resale value very well. If you were to decide against flex, in terms of getting a PC or the competitor with the big G, always go with the competitor in my opinion. Same money, much stronger motor.

Grab whatever Adam's kit you were going to get, and just opt for no machine and pick up the competitor's DA somewhere else.

I don't find a PC to my liking for small areas because the shroud on the PC is large and doesn't fit in small areas like grilles. At least not in mine.

I picked up a 3" version of the competitor's DA machine which is a smaller version of the 6" of the same competitor's DA machine, which fits into tight areas, but has a weak motor. Unfortunately, everything is give and take.

Ok, enough with the plugging of a competitor. One mention is tolerable, now you're skating on thin ice. Let's remember this is Adam's forum, OK?

I'd like to stick with the same brand

2 words that scream FLEX here; BLACK and TRUCK.

Having both the PC and the Flex is certainly nice, but if you are just looking for 1 machine to start with, I'd grab the Flex for those 2 reasons.

As mentioned, a PC is nice to have for tighter areas. My PC is on permanent 4" Focus Pd duty as the Flex does the majority of the grunt work in my garage.

Where are you? You can hit up a clinic and get a feel for the machines before you purchase either. Maybe another forum member would let you try one.

:iagree:It's spring, a lot of clinics going on, let us know where you are at and we can get you to a clinic!!

Ok, enough with the plugging of a competitor. One mention is tolerable, now you're skating on thin ice. Let's remember this is Adam's forum, OK?

Fair enough. In my defense though, I did say FIRST that the flex was best, which is of course sold by Adam's :2thumbs:

Edited by ihaveacamaro