Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drive your Vette around Talladega superspeedway!

US Icon

There is a charity called vettes4vets and they are holding it in Talladega Al the last weekend of May 2013. Entry is $100 and you get to run your Vette or sportscar (no pickups or mini vans) around the track 5 laps twice for a total of 10 laps. I just spoke with Jeff Williams who organizes this event anually and he said there are 100 spots available as of 4-8-13. If these spots don't fill up we may not see this event happen next year. Convertables welcome and helmets are NOT required.

http://vettes4vets.org/

For some pics and vids look here;

Drive your car around Talladega superspeedway! - Corvette Forum

EDIT: Add the word sportscar in title. This event is filled with primarly Corvettes, but is open to all sportscars

Edited by US Icon
Add the word sportscar in title (did it work?)

Pppfffftttt.....no trucks allowed. It's only 33 degrees of banking! I got this! :jester:

Joking aside, Talladega is my all time favorite tracks! I don't see any reason why this wouldn't fill up. What an awesome experience and to help a great cause.

Thanks for sharing :patriot:

Arrgh, I'd love to do this but that happens a week after I leave Dega to come back home from the race.

I don't think work would like it if I took another week off to make a road trip for some hot laps lol

There is a charity called vettes4vets and they are holding it in Talladega Al the last weekend of May 2013. Entry is $100 and you get to run your Vette or sportscar (no pickups or mini vans) around the track 5 laps twice for a total of 10 laps. I just spoke with Jeff Williams who organizes this event anually and he said there are 100 spots available as of 4-8-13. If these spots don't fill up we may not see this event happen next year. Convertables welcome and helmets are NOT required.

http://vettes4vets.org/

For some pics and vids look here;

Drive your car around Talladega superspeedway! - Corvette Forum

Wish I lived closer. Any bump drafting allowed?

The pacecar leads all laps in the range of around 70 ↑ mph but everyone spaces out and sandbags so to get a run (without passing) Look at the vids on youtube. Search CORVETTES TALLADEGA. Some guys get wayyy into triple digits, though briefly.

This is a blast! I was able to attend in 2011, and took my 08 Vette Z06 around the track...33 degree banks going into turn 1 is pretty darn cool! Fastest I got was 148MPH on the back straightaway...the vette would have pulled more but some of the safety rules (no passing, follow pace car, etc)...but you meet a lot of great people...and it is all about the cause...supports Vets, wounded warriors, etc...definitely recommend it! I have a video of my trip, posted it to facebook...I mounted a Contour camera to the outside of the vette...made it to music...will try to find the link...

• 2 weeks later...