Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which tape for car?

rimz808

Question

I read the sticky on what tape to use, but it didn't really tell me what over the counter tape i should use.

So what tape has worked best for you guys? I was thinking the 3M blue tape should be ok for the car paint? If not, any other recommendations and what NOT to get?

Going to drop by home depot in a few hours today, so hopefully i can get some recommendations before i leave.

Mahalo,

Ryan

9 answers to this question

I have a bunch of that blue tape and my buddy Justin with a '12 Boss has Adam's orange tape. The blue stuff works ok but it doesn't stick nearly as well. If you run the polisher over a break in it, it will routinely peel it up. And it seems to have trouble sticking on window trim.

The tape from Adam's he uses sticks much better on vinyl and rubber trim, it's just more money.

Luckily for you theres a sticky that covers this exact question:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/19809.htm

Holy crap Dylan. I had no idea that pattern on my window trim was from the blue tape. DANGIT I need to read more sticky's. I was gonna buy the orange tape anyway but guess I need to now. MAN I thought it was Fords fault hahaha.

:lolsmack:

One thing to do to reduce the amount of adhesive left on your car even more is to simply put the tape on your pants and pull off and then apply.

That will pretty much take off any excessive adhesive while still allowing it to adhere to the surface :)