Customer Service 866.965.0400

New camaro ss 1LE!

We don't really have any tracks around here that I know of. From what I've read this 1LE is a bad dude on the road course. Car and driver did a review on a road course with the boss 302 and it supposedly beat it by 3 seconds

We don't really have any tracks around here that I know of. From what I've read this 1LE is a bad dude on the road course. Car and driver did a review on a road course with the boss 302 and it supposedly beat it by 3 seconds

most likely the motortrend test and it was a gt with the track package. Tires make a huge difference and the 1le gets very nice ones stock. The Pirellis we get suck but no one hits the track with them. :glasses:

Very nice. Headers, OTR intake & tune would be first on my list.

I love it all save for the Matte Hood! Not my cup of tea, because I can't make it shiny!

Love that setup!

I agree. It's vinyl so it can be removed.

most likely the motortrend test and it was a gt with the track package. Tires make a huge difference and the 1le gets very nice ones stock. The Pirellis we get suck but no one hits the track with them. :glasses:

I can't remember if it was a gt with track pack or the boss 302, you may be right.. I agree these tires are very good from the factory

I love it all save for the Matte Hood! Not my cup of tea, because I can't make it shiny!

Love that setup!

Plus it's so hard to keep a even coat of VRT on it. It just looks blotchy to me. I am thinking about pulling the vinyl off and painting it matte black. Maybe the paint will be easier to care for

sick looking car man, exactly how I would have ordered mine. Tried to talk my mom into one when she was looking but she really wanted the red conv 2ss they had on the lot, has dual mode exhaust so thats good enough for me haha. Salesman tries to get me to trade in my jeep every time I go back there with her camaro, just tell him once they come out fast as my Jeep and under ZL1 price he'll have a chance at me. Always been a fan of the camaros, cant wait to see some real world numbers with that Z/28.

The z/28 is going to be an absolute beast. I'd imagine its gonna have a beastly price tag too lol I'm happy with the 1LE. Definitely a good platform to build off of.

that Z/28 will be, gotta love any car that comes with optional air conditioning. The price tag will keep alotta guys away but not the hardcore ones, think it would keep me away though haha. Just wondering how is insurance on that thing for ya? I looked at camaros a bit before I got my SRT, even priced one out and got insurance ideas and they were not to friendly even when I checked a month ago to a 23 yo with an LS3 haha. Luckily the insurance company is dumb and recognizes it is an SRT8 but prices similar to a V6 grand cherokee :D haha. winning

Insurance is 30 bucks more than my crew cab z71 was. Pretty descent I thought. I'll be paying about 160/month. Not bad for me being only 22

thats not bad at all, i checked when I was 22 (only turned 23 few days ago) and cheapest I found was little over $200 a month and I have no accidents, legit deal man for the camaro you want. You part of camaro5 .com? I wasnt too familiar with the camaro platform when my mom got hers, mostly mopar guy, but they are great over there, very helpful too. Cant wait to see your rig with mods, pretty surprised cause the one I built was literally exactly the same haha. Lucky you got those ZL1 wheels too with the 1LE, I'm buying some for my mom for mothers day and they are crazy expensive, $800 a piece :eek:, thats what I can get a whole rep set with tires for my car for haha. Dont really wanna go reproduction either though cause the OEM are nice forged wheels. Anyways, nice pick up man, enjoy her and roast some people on the road...safely of course :D haha.

Yes I'm a member of camaro5 forums.. I was extremely lucky getting the deal I did on my insurance. Jeezus those wheels are expensive by themselves.. I hope that includes the tires too!! I briefly looked up how much the tires are going to be to replace, and I was heartbroken lol 1700 for a set is a bit ridiculous

Thats aftermarket exhaust and rims. Add a CAI for noticeable change in throtle response and sound from that exhaust. I did it with my 2SS/RS and it sounds like a jet turbine winding up. The CAI is that noticeable.

Congrats, now we can gang up on the Mustang guys. :lolsmack:

You don't even believe that last statement....

Lol well being a camaro owner I have to believe it.. But in all honesty stock for stock in a drag race, the better driver will win between to two. The 1LE i would imagine is slightly faster than the regular ss due to the gear change and sticky tires

Lol well being a camaro owner I have to believe it.. But in all honesty stock for stock in a drag race, the better driver will win between to two. The 1LE i would imagine is slightly faster than the regular ss due to the gear change and sticky tires

Yeah, mine came with P Zeros, which are Z rated of course. Did yours come with the same, or the Goodyears?

BTW, has Dodge gone into hiding?

No, I dont think so. The new engine is pretty stout. Its a problem with power-to-weight ratio with the Challenger. Its too big, too heavy to really compete head-to-head, but its still a good matchup. I was looking to add one to my collection when I returned from Turkey, but I'm looking at a GT500 now. So yeah, my gang up comment was just razzing you guys! I like the Mustang, and ForceofWill's Boss is really sick. I had no idea the Boss performed like that.

Congrats on the purchase .. she is down right Hot!

Love that package.. did they give you any deal or incentives?

My buddy just went through the process of trying to purchase one but they wanted a little above sticker because there was not too many around with the 1LE package.

He opted out because of the increase over the sticker and will wait until the 2014 are available.

Congrats on the purchase .. she is down right Hot!

Love that package.. did they give you any deal or incentives?

My buddy just went through the process of trying to purchase one but they wanted a little above sticker because there was not too many around with the 1LE package.

He opted out because of the increase over the sticker and will wait until the 2014 are available.

I actually got a really good deal. I believe I got 1k in dealer incentives plus about 2k discount that I get from work. All in all, I paid about 5k less than sticker price after negotiation.. I was pretty happy with the outcome