Customer Service 866.965.0400

Good Lawnmower

ExpressThis13

I know this is off topic here from our detailing but here next week I will be moving into a house and I need to purchase a lawnmower and im looking and im noticing electric lawn mowers. Now im out of the lawncare phase living in an apartment and I didn't even know they made electric lawn mowers but looking at prices and such they are comparable to gas mowers so Im looking for a little help here. I figured around 200-250 should get me a decent lawn mower and my yard is by no means big so no need for a self propelled or anything like that. Help a guy out here thanks.

I like the Toro Mowers. We have 4... Three Push and One Zero Turn.

Our oldest push mower is 22 years old and we've never had a problem with it.

We have so many because my dad and I mow a total of about 14-16 lawns in the summer. They can take a beating and run great.

I like the Toro Mowers.

:iagree: I'm very happy with my Toro. One of my favorite features is its "SpinStop Blade Stop System" (aka Blade Override System) which allows you to step away from the mower without having to restart it.

I have a Honda that I wouldn't trade for anything, but it's much more than 200-250. Check out Craig's List for used ones too! Stick with a Honda engine. Sears has them with Hondas.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

First I would look at how much mowing you will be doing.

I recommend a Scag. This is what I use and has been the best brand that I have ever used (one that I am using is 15 years and still going strong).

SWZ_studio-450.jpg

I agree with Chris on Honda engines everyone that I have heard runs quiet.

I have a Honda that I wouldn't trade for anything, but it's much more than 200-250. Check out Craig's List for used ones too! Stick with a Honda engine. Sears has them with Hondas.

Here is my 2 cents. I have a Sears Craftsman that I bought about 17 years ago and still runs perfect. I'am looking for an excuse to pick up a Honda mower. But can't justify it when the other one runs so well. May end up just giving it away eventually to be able to pick up a Honda.

Had a lady on my route that had a Toro that she couldn't get started. I felt bad for her and took 15 minutes of my personal time and couldn't get it started either. She just bought it last year. The neighbor across the street has a Toro as well. May even be the same model, and his just stops running every few minutes and you have to wait like 2 minutes to re-start it.

Hate to admit it but I have a Honda mower and have for over 10 years. Bullet proof as can be, it mulches or bags, has hydrostatic drive. Went to start it yesterday and was running after the very first pull of the starter rope. Pricey but well worth the extra$$$.

I will also be in the market soon for a 48-52" zero turn, definitely needed for our new house we are building on a 1.5 acre lot. Gonna most likely go scag or exmark, trying to keep my eye out to find a slightly used one, but no luck yet

I'm waiting for my 2-stroke lawn boy push mower (with its 6.5hp engine!) to die so in can get a clean, easy to store battery powered mower, but the darn thing won't die! It's an amazing thing, and it was given to me for free, too -- about 7 years ago. I doubt you can even buy a 2-stroke lawnmower these days.

By anyway, I look forward to hear what people suggest regarding electric movers. My next one will def. be electric/cordless.

I like my Toros (have two now) and happy.

I had been a long time Sears buyer but the ones I had purchased had issues with deck's rusting. blades dulling quickly, and engines using more oil. I just think Sears cut corners on cost (lower grade steel, etc) so prefer the better engineering and build quality on the Toros.

I'm waiting for my 2-stroke lawn boy push mower (with its 6.5hp engine!) to die so in can get a clean, easy to store battery powered mower, but the darn thing won't die! It's an amazing thing, and it was given to me for free, too -- about 7 years ago. I doubt you can even buy a 2-stroke lawnmower these days.

By anyway, I look forward to hear what people suggest regarding electric movers. My next one will def. be electric/cordless.

This is the one I have my eye on. 36V Cordless 19" Pacesetter But like everyone else has mentioned, I need to wait for my gas mower to die first. I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of it when the 'ole Cub Cadet is working perfect...

I have a craftsman no frills push mower. We got it in California when I was stationed there, did not need much for our small yard. Works like a champ, no issues....good luck on the search

It didn't show home depot on the dealer locator it did show knk hardware but it didn't show on their website so idk ill just have to shop around

Interesting. Here's a screenshot from Home Depot's Web site, showing a subset of the Toro mowers they carry...

12858489.jpg

I like my Toros (have two now) and happy.

I had been a long time Sears buyer but the ones I had purchased had issues with deck's rusting. blades dulling quickly, and engines using more oil. I just think Sears cut corners on cost (lower grade steel, etc) so prefer the better engineering and build quality on the Toros.

I had the same experience, having owned two Sears mowers before switching to Toro. My Toro experience has been trouble-free for ~4yrs (and counting).

rygegyhe.jpg

Toro 30" Timemaster. My guys love it well worth the money. Been in the lawn business for quite a few years and Toro's have never let me down.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

My landscaper has one of these and I thought about getting one. He loves it. He says the only issue is that it's VERY heavy. You can see they've compensated for it by putting extra wide tires on the rear.

Nice mower though. I just can't replace my Honda with it's bag, mulch, discharge lever. I LOVE being able to adjust on the fly and not need any special adaptors to do it.

Chris