Customer Service 866.965.0400

Want to do my car but can't get the Quick Sealer

mxkx250

Question

Hi, I just bought a boatload of product. I however never got the spray sealer because they were out of stock. I am wanting to give my new ZL1 Camaro an Adams shine. I want to do a hand polish because my Victory Red ZL1 is only 6 months old and dosent have a lot of swirls.

I bought your machine pads and the MSS for my 98 Camaro SS. I don't have a Porter Cable, only a Meguiars DA. Could I do the revive by hand, use the MSS, super glaze by hand, then the Americana by hand?  Or would you just skip the sealant this go around till I get the spray sealer?  I want this paint to "pop" and look like it is wet. 

Thanks, Stan

Sent from my iPhone

8 answers to this question

If the ZL1 sits in a garage and doesn't come out in bad weather, you can forgo the sealant altogether and do Glaze then Americana. This will give you the dripping wet look you are hoping to achieve.

Your "pop" will come mostly from the glaze and wax anyway, so you won't see much difference with or without the sealant; it's mainly a protective step. However, when you do get some Quick Sealant, apply it to your wheels and exhaust tips to make them easier to clean down the road. Also, even at 6 months old, I bet you see a big difference from clay/polish.

Edited by Redbeard

Thanks, I am going to IPA strip, Clay, Revive, Glaze then Amaricana. I have about $700 in product and I hope that this will give me the results I am looking for. I know that this is not what it will cost to do the car, I have 4 cars that I will be using this on, not all the same product as I will be doing my DD and my 98 Camaro SS with the machine. I hope this willl last me a couple years. I only drive my 98 a few hundred miles a year.

Also my 67 Camaro has an old paint job, basecoat only, I assume that it is enamel but it may be laquer since it had been redone about 10 years ago to be original. Original only meaning that it is stock with only the options that came on the car, not nut and bolt original. What product is best to use on a black basecoat finish?