Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gas vs Electric PW with foam cannon

EPHIOS

Question

I must say that what a big difference, using the foam cannon, from electric 1600 psi/1.3 gpm to gasoline 2700 psi/2.3 gpm. The foam is so much thicker with my gas PW compare to a bit watery on my electric. The best part is that I bought my gas PW for the price of electric, $180.

I am waiting for Adam's to have a special on the gallon Car Shampoo, so I can try it out, I heard a lot of good things about it specially in foam cannon.

Honestly, I bought a gallon of CG HD (you guys probably know what it is) last week. It was good, but I am not completely satisfied. It smells good, but the output was OK. I used 4oz soap/28oz water, it was as good as 6oz M's Super Soap with 26oz of water. M's Super Soap costs less than half of CG HD.

Edited by EPHIOS

17 answers to this question

Shoot, i hope with 1100 more psi your gas PW does a better job with creating more foam

Let me point out that here are a lot of factors that affects the output of the foam cannon. For example, soap, water hardness, pressure washer performance and etc.

One key thing to remember is the soap/water ratio.  When I first used my gas pressure washer the ratio was too low.  I now pour at LEAST 3oz of Adams in first, then add warm water to the top, close and attach to wand.  Shaving cream like foam which dwells longer than when ratio is "lean".  I'm not sure how much difference I saw betwen 1800 and 2500 PSI. Water hardness has been known to make a difference.  Once you do get your cannon sorted out.. it's hards to go back...

Let me point out that here are a lot of factors that affects the output of the foam cannon. For example, soap, water hardness, pressure washer performance and etc.

I agree totally but all factors the same and the only variable is the PW, more PSI will create more foam

One of the main differences has nothing to do with gas or electric . It is the GPM as I  use the  Cam Spray 1500a electric unit the out puts 1450 psi and 2.0 GPM and it produces great foam with my cannons. Plus the cheaper electric units have crappy pumps.

Edited by rwisejr

This is a little disheartening...........I recently purchased an electric PW (1700 psi/1.4 GPM) and I've got an MTM cannon on the way.  I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be disappointed with the foam it produces.........I'll know for sure once the cannon arrives.  Sure hope I'm wrong.............

One of the main differences has nothing to do with gas or electric . It is the GPM as I  use the  Cam Spray 1500a electric unit the out puts 1450 psi and 2.0 GPM and it produces great foam with my cannons. Plus the cheaper electric units have crappy pumps.

It's true. I gues it's all about the cleaning power of the power washer: PSI x GPM = cleaning power

To re-iterate, I have a gas 2500 PSI 2.4 GPM... difference in cannon "creamability/thickness" was soap/water ratio with same machine.  Not enough soap in cannister yielded no shaving cream and poor dwell time, proper ration yielded shaving cream, good dwell time.

My Cam Spray has an adjustment knob that controls the foam somewhat by adjust how much solution is drawn from the reservoir.

In the grand scheme of things, a couple extra ounces of soap in the reservoir is not that expensive when you buy soap in gallon quantities if you really want thick soap.

One key thing to remember is the soap/water ratio.  When I first used my gas pressure washer the ratio was too low.  I now pour at LEAST 3oz of Adams in first, then add warm water to the top, close and attach to wand.  Shaving cream like foam which dwells longer than when ratio is "lean".  I'm not sure how much difference I saw betwen 1800 and 2500 PSI. Water hardness has been known to make a difference.  Once you do get your cannon sorted out.. it's hards to go back...

Oh, you're supposed to add water to the bottle? I thought I was going through a LOT of shampoo using my new MTM. Used it for the first time the other day. Got a great foam out of it but was using straight shampoo and was thinking I must be doing something wrong. Haha

I think you'll be fine and very happy with the results:)

Kevin

This is a little disheartening...........I recently purchased an electric PW (1700 psi/1.4 GPM) and I've got an MTM cannon on the way.  I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be disappointed with the foam it produces.........I'll know for sure once the cannon arrives.  Sure hope I'm wrong.............

You were absolutely correct Mr. Hot!  My little electric 1700 psi 1.4 GPM PW is doing great with the MTM foam cannon!  Have been using 2 pumps (about 2 oz) of the Adams soap to the bottle and it seems to produce really great foam.  Now I just have to set up a quick disconnect for the MTM FC and I'll be golden! 

I'm glad you're getting the performance you want.  Turn the dial to full soap and watch the results.  If you only foam once during the process, it is thick as heck.  Also, Mook has shared that Waterless wash added to the mix will aid dwell time and cling.  I tried it and will do it every time I wash.  I use 4 oz. soap, but if you like where you're at with 2, save the product and press on!  :)