Customer Service 866.965.0400

First order placed, have question

madspeed

Question

Been lurking for a few weeks and learning. I already have a DA Polisher from HF and some *competitors* pads. I just placed my first order and am anxiously waiting to fix my wifes black Lincoln! Anyhow, I Ordered  the 3 step polish bundle, Machine Super Sealant, todays daily special with Brilliant Glaze and Americana wax, and some All Purpose Cleaner. I'll finish up the detail spray i currently have.

Now my question is regarding my DD Volvo. Its fairly well taken care of, but recently they were re doing some roads around here due to all the natural gas mining activity in my area. Anyhow, I have tons of tiny black specs which i am assuming are the tar crap they spray just prior to paving the top coat. How best to remove? 

IMG_20120405_1448061.jpg

9 answers to this question

Try APC to remove them first - but do NOT let it dry on the paint.  It may require a little elbow grease.  I will try to find some other threads on this topic to help out too.

Edit: found something!  http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/22263-how-to-remove-tar/?hl=road&do=findComment&comment=353044

I will be glad when the "search" function is updated!

Edited by mc2hill

If they're small, then clay should remove them.  If it's really thick, you can try APC, just be sure it doesn't dry on the paint.  I have found that it will take a lot of APC to remove tar though.  I prefer using an actual tar remover.  Just remember, APC or a tar remover will strip any protection you currently have on the paint, so you'll want to reapply your preferred LSP.

todays daily special with Brilliant Glaze and Americana wax, and some All Purpose Cleaner. I'll finish up the detail spray i currently have.

Thanks for posting this when it was on sale. I was waiting for the brilliant glaze and Americana wax to go on sale and I would have missed the daily special if I didn't see your post. Luckily I ordered it on time because it ended about an hour after I ordered. I forgot about the time difference.. Phew!

Thanks!