Customer Service 866.965.0400

Birthday Question

thealien

How come my birthday doesn't show up under todays birthdays but it shows up if you click on todays date on the calender? I am asking because I didn't get my birthday discount I have heard about and it is probably too late?

Kind of bummed?

I think it only shows five on the homepage for the sake of simplicity. There are an average of 20 member birthdays every day on the forum. As far as the forum not sending out birthday messages, I'll let Dylan know. In the mean time, check your private messages.

Not in my spam folder, I checked and get all my emails from them?

I had sent Ashley an email earlier today and she asked if I was a forum member. I didn't get home untill a few minutes ago so I think I missed her?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys... birthday discount code has been discontinued. We found that some customers were signing up for multiple accounts and registering with different birthdays to take advantage of the deal more than once. One particular customer (a member here on the forum who posts pretty regularly) was caught red handed using the b-day discount for a 4th time. 

Because of the abuse we've suspended it until we can come up with a system where people won't abuse it. 

I usually forgot to use it when I went to order.  Tried to use it and emailed to have it added, figured I must have used it at some point and that is why I never got a response.  Whether it had been used or not, I wouldn't even remember.  Honest mistake.  Or it is possible after reading this, this is why I never got a response.  Why do people need multiple accounts?  Is it so they can communicate with the voices in there head?

Edited by LFairbanks

It is what it is... people will always try to find a loophole to save a buck. 

Whats more upsetting is the 'smile to your face, scam you behind your back' approach some of these guys took. 

Going back to read some of their posts knowing what they were doing shows how 2-faced they were being. 

Sorry the few have spoiled the deal for the majority, but hopefully we'll find a way to offer it again. 

In this case there were more than one... but one took it even further than the rest. 

For a 5% different in discount?  Wow.

It is my personal opinion you should reveale the dishonest forum members when they are caught.  I gave $50 or $100 to a member about a year and a half ago, and after the gifts where recieved, he never posted on here again.  Also, I have given many free items to other forum members, out of the kindness of my heart.  If it can be avoided ahead of time, say one of these dishonest members are one's that I may send something too, then I can avoid them all together.  I don't care if they have 10,000 posts or 1 post, I would like these members publicly called out. 

I guess I'm not surprised that people exploited the system.  Don't really see why it was necessary though.  There are enough sales throughout the year that I usually never needed to use the birthday code.  Only used it once in the three years.

I got some free stuff from a member when I was starting out. I already paid it forward to my Florida friend. I sent him some free stuff as well. Im not sure if he posts here or not but at least I can get him started properly on Adam's stuff.