Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Americana Review

ihaveacamaro

Question

15 answers to this question

The smell is technically eucalyptus. 

Couple of notes to add Roshan -

We actually recommend the applicator NOT be stored inside the pot as it can lead to mildew and/or contamination of the wax. Its in there pretty much for shipping purposes only to keep the brick secure and save space. After the initial use it should always be stored outside the tub. 

The application method recommend (1-2 panels at a time) is for paint out of direct sunlight. Your method works great for full sun application but won't be necessary on cool/shaded paint. 

The smell is technically eucalyptus. 

Couple of notes to add Roshan -

We actually recommend the applicator NOT be stored inside the pot as it can lead to mildew and/or contamination of the wax. Its in there pretty much for shipping purposes only to keep the brick secure and save space. After the initial use it should always be stored outside the tub. 

The application method recommend (1-2 panels at a time) is for paint out of direct sunlight. Your method works great for full sun application but won't be necessary on cool/shaded paint. 

Oh wow! And here I have been cleaning and drying the applicator and sticking it right back into the container lol! I did not notice any contamination or mildew however.

As for the recommended method, I have done it out of sunlight in an enclosed garage as well and I found it tends to dust more when you remove it if you wait rather than the Wipe On Wipe Off method. Regardless of the sun condition, I prefer to take the wax off quickly. But of course, this was done in Florida so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanks for the additional info and notes Dylan :)

P.S. Eucalyptus... stupid trees with their hard to remember names :P

Edited by ihaveacamaro

good job man.  i really like your vids, ill be sure to check in for updates on this.

Another good vid man.  It smells like Citronella in a bug candle to me

Thanks Jason and Tom :)

Just be sure to use it often enough and you won't have to worry about mildew. :)

Not to worry about that, out of all the products I've used from Adam's, I think the Americana is the best. It gets applied to a lot of cars  :D

Edited by ihaveacamaro

Oh wow! And here I have been cleaning and drying the applicator and sticking it right back into the container lol! I did not notice any contamination or mildew however.

It isn't always an issue, but it can be in some cases. 

Pretty much the foam begins to just rot and crumble apart. 

To be safe its just best to keep your apps outside of the container. 

It isn't always an issue, but it can be in some cases. 

Pretty much the foam begins to just rot and crumble apart. 

To be safe its just best to keep your apps outside of the container. 

Will do from now on :) Thanks again!