Customer Service 866.965.0400

2014 GMC Sierra Denali

Z71_Denali

I'm looking forward to seeing one of these in person. HUGE step up from the 08-13 models! GM is finally caught up with the rest of the crowd!

looks like they finally got more info on their website, i'm digging the sonoma red metallic paint and cocoa dune interior

http://www.gmc.com/2014-sierra-denali-pickup-truck.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CidnKd3x6A4

what do y'all think?

It's a thousand times nicer IMO.  Now they need to step it up on the new transmission they're designing. 

NO fake wood?  YES!  SO sick of plastic "wood".  RAM has wood in their Laramie Longhorn, but at least it's real and matte finished.  

Can't wait to see the new Ford as I bet they'll step theirs up a bunch too.  

The problem with this Denali, is it'll have a $60,000+ MSRP.

It's a thousand times nicer IMO.  Now they need to step it up on the new transmission they're designing. 

NO fake wood?  YES!  SO sick of plastic "wood".  RAM has wood in their Laramie Longhorn, but at least it's real and matte finished.  

agreed! i'm glad the big 3 have stopped de-contenting their "luxury" models.

loving this:

post-2349-0-99880500-1370015702_thumb.jpg

post-2349-0-87819800-1370015709_thumb.jpg

the acadia denali AWD we're test driving today has the same color and interior

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

GM seems to have done a good job on the new trucks, but I still think the interior is ugly, particularly the center section of the dash. Of course, I optioned out my 2012 SLE rather than spending just a hair more for the SLT because I didn't like the Yukon dash those come with.

I was glad to see that the outside still looks similar to the old model, since I won't be getting rid of mine anytime soon.  But I'm a little jealous of the interior!  Looks like a sharp truck but It doesn't make me wanna run and trade mine in on an $800-$1000 payment.  But I saw the concept for the next F150 and it looked pretty bad ***.  Im sure they will numb it up before they release it though.  

Still not 100% sure about it. IMO the coolest thing bout the Denali was the AWD and the 6.2L, thats what made it really cool. Now you can get it in a true 4WD and with the 5.3L. I just think it is just not different enough from an SLT truck. You can get most of the same options in an SLT but it is a few thousand cheaper. I just don't know if the real aluminum trim and and updated instrument cluster is worth the Denali premium. 

I am planning on getting a new GMC or Chevy ( Kinda like the GMC more) in a few years. I think i would rather have and SLT with the 4X4 and the 6.2L 

$60k for a pick up truck .. Yep GM is still smoking that crack they sell in downtown Detroit I see.

Sorry but no pickup should cost 60 grand.. GM is getting out of control with their pricing.. now if their technology and reliability improved up to 100% maybe I would consider one.

Their transmissions are still weak technology IMO.. this is what held me back from purchasing one in the past.

Still not 100% sure about it. IMO the coolest thing bout the Denali was the AWD and the 6.2L, thats what made it really cool. Now you can get it in a true 4WD and with the 5.3L. I just think it is just not different enough from an SLT truck. You can get most of the same options in an SLT but it is a few thousand cheaper. I just don't know if the real aluminum trim and and updated instrument cluster is worth the Denali premium. 

I am planning on getting a new GMC or Chevy ( Kinda like the GMC more) in a few years. I think i would rather have and SLT with the 4X4 and the 6.2L 

I agree. rather have the 6.2 liter.. IMO its a better motor has a good rep and yes the SLT is the better bargain. 60k for some minor upgrades.. I don't think the dash is worth and extra 10-15k

The 1500 Denali is not going to have a $60K price tag. I dont know where everyone is getting that number from. A loaded SLT is only $47-48K. The Denali is not going to be a $12-13K premium. I bet it will be about $50K with decent options. Now when the Denali comes out in the HD's with the Duramax, then you are looking at $60K

I was just drooling over this truck last night :lol:

I'm a Chevy fanboy, but god do I hate the new front end design for 2014! That hideous amount of chrome looks like a Lund monster threw up all over the front end :lol:

I'm really liking this Sierra Denali though, very clean looking and sharp!

I was just drooling over this truck last night :lol:

I'm a Chevy fanboy, but god do I hate the new front end design for 2014! That hideous amount of chrome looks like a Lund monster threw up all over the front end :lol:

I'm really liking this Sierra Denali though, very clean looking and sharp!

Yep I hate the new Chevy Grill. Way to much Chrome! Im really liking the GMC though

Only question I have is in regards to the Sierra Denali's headlights.

I watched that video in the 1st post and it sure looks to me like halogen headlight projectors vs real HID headlight projectors.

I hope to God I'm wrong, because that will be a joke if it's true!

My Dad has a 2013 Malibu LTZ and it has true HID headlights, so I hope GMC did the same with this new Sierra Denali.

Only question I have is in regards to the Sierra Denali's headlights.

I watched that video in the 1st post and it sure looks to me like halogen headlight projectors vs real HID headlight projectors.

I hope to God I'm wrong, because that will be a joke if it's true!

My Dad has a 2013 Malibu LTZ and it has true HID headlights, so I hope GMC did the same with this new Sierra Denali.

Sound like the Denali will Not come with HID's which makes me very upset. $50K on a truck and you cant get HID's 

I just went to gmc and built the exact same 2013 sierra denali I currently have, though mines an 08.  MSRP came to $59k!!!  Granted theres deals and nobody would pay msrp, but damn.  I'll keep mine, screw a $1000 roughly payment!

Sound like the Denali will Not come with HID's which makes me very upset. $50K on a truck and you cant get HID's 

Very bad news if true.

It's a joke you can get HID headlamps on a 20K Hyundai but not a $60K luxury truck

I just went to gmc and built the exact same 2013 sierra denali I currently have, though mines an 08.  MSRP came to $59k!!!  Granted theres deals and nobody would pay msrp, but damn.  I'll keep mine, screw a $1000 roughly payment!

Do you have the Duramax Diesel in yours?

I can't imagine what a 2500HD Sierra Denali with the Duramax/Allison combo would be, probably close to $70K!

Edited by Mark L

• 5 months later...

I took delivery of a new GMC 2014 Denali Nov. 22nd. It has the new 6.2L motor rated at 420HP and 460 ft lbs of torque. I traded a 2010 toyota tundra platinum with 202k. The two trucks are similar. Both ride well and have strong power trains. The Tundra was faster and had a more responsive transmission. The Denali get much better mpg, around 20 on the interstate.

I do love the interior and new technology in the Denali. The head lights are not HID which is very disappointing, but i can fix that for a few hundred bucks. The Denali handles a 7k trailer without any trouble.

The Sticker price for the truck was 58,900 which includes very thing but the rear seat DVD system. I paid 51,400 excluding taxes. I will try to keep everyone who is interested up to date with my experiences. I drive a ton of miles so if there is a weakness, it will show up just like the Tundra's did.

I took delivery of a new GMC 2014 Denali Nov. 22nd. It has the new 6.2L motor rated at 420HP and 460 ft lbs of torque. I traded a 2010 toyota tundra platinum with 202k. The two trucks are similar. Both ride well and have strong power trains. The Tundra was faster and had a more responsive transmission. The Denali get much better mpg, around 20 on the interstate.

I do love the interior and new technology in the Denali. The head lights are not HID which is very disappointing, but i can fix that for a few hundred bucks. The Denali handles a 7k trailer without any trouble.

The Sticker price for the truck was 58,900 which includes very thing but the rear seat DVD system. I paid 51,400 excluding taxes. I will try to keep everyone who is interested up to date with my experiences. I drive a ton of miles so if there is a weakness, it will show up just like the Tundra's did.

Love to see some pics if you can upload some :D