Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Soap Lineup

EPHIOS

Question

These are my car soap for different uses:

Yes, I know that Adam's Car Shampoo is so versatile that it can probably do almost everything great. However, I can't take it out of my mind that there are other companies out there, that offer many soaps for different solutions.

These are what I use them for:

*Adam's Car Shampoo = Foam Cannon/2 Bucket-Method

*CG Honeydew Snow Foam = Foam Cannon

*CG Citrus Wash & Gloss = 2 Bucket-Method (low-concentration dilution)/stripping LSP

20130531_165038.jpg

Edited by EPHIOS

Keep it Simple.  One car shampoo is all you need....not knocking your prefences but as you have seen, or will see, the "Foam Cannon" Soaps are gimmicks, Adam's will hold it's own in a foam cannon for sure.  As far as stripping LSP's, there are so many other ways to do it, don't need another shampoo to do that.  To each is own gents, just my personal preference. 

Interesting how much bigger the other gallon sizes are...

I surely hope we are getting a full 128 oz of Adams.

Not sure how well the CG soap works but I've read the Maxi Suds is great.

22.00 bucks, shipping included.

It's odd because they are pretty much the same color.

I've yet to try it nor Adam's so I can't compare the two.

I read a lot about Adam's soap, all good, I just have to try it:)

Me and two other members may go three ways on 5 gallons of the Adam's shampoo soon.

May do a comparison, dunno.

You know I've watched a lot of Adam's shampoo and it sure looks like it puts out a lot of foam.

Kevin

Edited by MrHot88

Interesting how much bigger the other gallon sizes are...

I surely hope we are getting a full 128 oz of Adams.

The CG gallon jugs may be taller but I believe they are also narrower. I just measured out 128 ounces of water and filled up one of my empty Adam's gallons, and needed to add an additional 6 ounces before the level was even with one of my unopened gallons.

I would be interested to see side by side Honeydew vs Adams.

Adams shampoo is great through a foam cannon IMO, but you hear SOOOO much about honeydew.

I am quite sure Adams is going to be my staple as the Honeydew videos I see , it dosent foam any better than Adams.

I would be interested to see side by side Honeydew vs Adams.

Adams shampoo is great through a foam cannon IMO, but you hear SOOOO much about honeydew.

I am quite sure Adams is going to be my staple as the Honeydew videos I see , it dosent foam any better than Adams.

Do it and post a review, guaranteed what will win.  You here alot of input from CG on the Autonerd website, they just don't know better.  There's a few pro Adams guys on there, but they bash it pretty often, many without ever even trying it. 

Do it and post a review, guaranteed what will win.  You here alot of input from CG on the Autonerd website, they just don't know better.  There's a few pro Adams guys on there, but they bash it pretty often, many without ever even trying it.

I wouldn't say they don't know any better. CG has some good products just like any other legit detailing company. No one company can have the best product in each category. In our opinion, Adams wins in this category. In their opinion Adams doesn't, it really as simple as that. Keep in mind Honeydew is $5 cheaper per gallon and for people who are using it in a foam cannon, product usage per wash is high (up to 6-8 ozs), that might mean something to them as well. Just IMO of course...

I wouldn't say they don't know any better. CG has some good products just like any other legit detailing company. No one company can have the best product in each category. In our opinion, Adams wins in this category. In their opinion Adams doesn't, it really as simple as that. Keep in mind Honeydew is $5 cheaper per gallon and for people who are using it in a foam cannon, product usage per wash is high (up to 6-8 ozs), that might mean something to them as well. Just IMO of course...

Chase, there are many on that board that often bash Adams without ever even purchasing from them, it happens all the time is what I'm saying.  There are some very knowledgeable people on that board, yourself included, but many that just talk out of their butt.  They see the price and it becomes a bash fest.  They don't moderate the board, and never hold anyone to the rules.  I buy some product from them, but my experience as a consmer is never the same as here.  I see what your saying about the Car Shampoo, good point.

Oh yes I completely agree about the blind bashers, bothers me as well. I am actually not a big CG fan other than a few soaps, a glaze and a paste wax. I do enjoy the diversity of the products and outstanding detailing write ups over there but your right, Adams provides a buying experience like no other.

Edited by camaro2ssblack

Like I said, Adam's Car shampoo works as good as Honeydew in a foam cannon. I just wanted to test out some their products and compare.

I noticed that 4oz of car shampoo seems to be the sweet spot for both of this companies car soaps.

Edited by EPHIOS

Let me point out as well that I chose CG Citrus Wash & Gloss of its versatility, specially on stripping old wax and removing water based tire dressing on tire in high concentration.

I am still a loyal fan of Adams because they make exceptional products and great customer service.

The Citrus wash and gloss is sealant and wax safe. (According to their website)

How are you using it to strip wash?

Depends on the dilution. At a 1:1 ratio (1 oz per gallon) it becomes a strip wash. It is LSP safe at the normal dilution of 1:4. Edited by camaro2ssblack

I use Adams soap for everything except for strip washes in which case I also use CG CW&G. I think you could go without the honeydew as Adams does great in a foam cannon.

I have some of the Honeydew, but it tends to want to spot a little easier than Adams. Also, the guys over at Detailers Domain are big fans of Adams Shampoo in their foam lances. If it's good enough for those guys, it's good enough for me.

Also, if I ever wanted to strip, I'd just toss some APC into the wash.