Customer Service 866.965.0400

Engine Bay- TID

2012CC6.2

Question

After i clean up my engine bay and get it dried i personally dont like to use SVRT anymore. I am finding more and more places to use my TID, and the engine bay is one more of them. It gives it the "just cleaned" look and i feel like it keeps the look just as long as any other product.

post-9166-0-92187600-1370816168_thumb.jpg

18 answers to this question

Good tip, sorry to get off track, but aren't SVRT and in and ou spray the same thing, just a different way to apply it?!

Yes and no. Different formula, same results. IMO IOS is a bit shinier and not as durable as SVRT through weather/washing.

Good tip, I have a gal and am out of in and out spray. Will have to try it out.

To me it works well, others might not think so. I have been happy with it so far, and as stated earlier i think it leaves the perfect finish.

Good tip, sorry to get off track, but aren't SVRT and in and ou spray the same thing, just a different way to apply it?!

In and Out isnt water repellent i dont believe, someone correct me if i am wrong. SVRT is still going on my tires all the time though (:

Edited by 2012CC6.2

After i clean up my engine bay and get it dried i personally dont like to use SVRT anymore. I am finding more and more places to use my TID, and the engine bay is one more of them. It gives it the "just cleaned" look and i feel like it keeps the look just as long as any other product.

Great tip!  To date, I've relied on a combination of SVRT and In & Out.  I'll have to give this a try instead...

Great tip!  To date, I've relied on a combination of SVRT and In & Out.  I'll have to give this a try instead...

This may not be the correct way to word it, but... If you have the plastic that has a fairly "rough" finish that has had what appeared to be a hard water stain it covers those up like crazy. I have a few that i cant get out even with straight APC, and the TID covers it up no problem.

nice catch can  ;)

Thanks :) one of my favorite things under the hood... other than the 6.2 (:

I also question if the TID is able to hold up to the high temps of the engine

I dont see what the problem would be, it honestly shouldnt have any effect over the product. TID leaves VERY little behind, and what it leaves i dont see temperature altering it.

Interesting... if you like the looks why not? Nothing in TID is going to be harmful under the hood, the only drawback might be longevity, but like you said, it doesn't change the look that much to start with so no biggie there. 

Personally I like the light sheen that SVRT leaves so I'd have a hard time getting away from that. If you wanted a sprayable version make some SVRT "Milk" by diluting it 1:1 or more with water. Works great and gives you a little bit of a sheen.

Interesting... if you like the looks why not? Nothing in TID is going to be harmful under the hood, the only drawback might be longevity, but like you said, it doesn't change the look that much to start with so no biggie there. 

Personally I like the light sheen that SVRT leaves so I'd have a hard time getting away from that. If you wanted a sprayable version make some SVRT "Milk" by diluting it 1:1 or more with water. Works great and gives you a little bit of a sheen.

I have tried this as well, i would say it gives it twice "POP" of the TID. With that said, either or is fine with me, im just on a TID kick right now (:

I always thought it'd be neat for you to sell a version of SVRT as a spray on for the AT tire guys.  I realize one can do it themselves, but when people shop and aren't privy to this info we see here, they don't know it's possible.  Perhaps you could put something on the store itself about diluting and spraying for that matter...  

Have you ever used Invisible Undercarriage Spray? It works wonder.

Yeah have used undercarriage spray ever since it came out but dont care for how the dust sticks to it after driving a little. With the TID the wheels wells are easy to clean and have that new look. My wife laughs at me every time I do it but its the little things that make the difference lol

i just did my denali engine for the first time. did you avoid spraying the soundproofing under the hood? just curious how you dealt with that. i was also curious if you treated the belts at all. i was leary of that so i left them alone. with the battery, did you cover it up and if so how? any tips for doing this would be appreciated as i just did this for the first time. i see you have a catch can and airaid. ive thought about getting the jr, but not sure im mechanically inclined enough to do the can. did you do a tune with the airaid? ok im done with questions for now. thanks!