Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help removing window paint

Performance Auto Detailing

Question

I am doing a white 2008 Honda Accord EXL tomorrow with windows covered in window paint (High School graduation). I went today to take a look at it and tried using glass cleaner (barely did anything) then sprayed a little all purpose cleaner on the window and that started taking some of it off. Any one have any suggestions for the best way for me to remove all this? I will be claying and waxing the car as well. Some of the paint found its way onto the paint as well, I'm assuming the clay bar would tackle that though. 

Thanks!

post-9653-0-64472100-1370826972_thumb.jpgpost-9653-0-00592000-1370826980_thumb.jpgpost-9653-0-75156100-1370826986_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

Razor blade and soapy water.  Put a drop or 2 of dishsoap in to a sprayer filled with water, then scrap off with the razor blade.  Use some Adams's Glass Cleaner to finish up.

Yes you run the risk of scratching glass if you don't keep the blade flat.

You use it as a scraper kind of like you would use a window scraper for ice in the winter months.

They make tools that replace your hand with a handle so it's easier to use this way.

all purpose cleaner on the window and that started taking some of it off. Any one have any suggestions for the best way for me to remove all this? I will be claying and waxing the car as well. Some of the paint found its way onto the paint as well, I'm assuming the clay bar would tackle that though. 

Thanks!

Just use APC straight, let it soak for a minute or two and it will all come off.  Th APC is 100% pain safe at all dillutions so don't worry about that, just don't do it in the sun.  If it's still being a little difficult, soak 0000 steel wool in APC and light pressure will remove it easily.

Whatever route you take, ligh pressure and you'll be fine.

What Dave or Gerry mentioned..

I just went through this Saturday for my buddy's daughters car. The stuff went on easy but what a b--- to take off he said. I used some rubbing alcohol with a Bondo Squeegee . After that I used some APS to take off the remaining streaks. 

Edited by Mongosg8