Customer Service 866.965.0400

New 2 Step Correction - 2013 Ford Fusion

man5011

Question

I had the opportunity to complete my first detail using the new 2 step polishing system with the new micro fiber pads. I had all intentions of treating this as a new car prep until the car arrived. Apparently only 4 months is all it takes for paint to begin going south when it's exposed to the elements on a daily basis.

Below are some pictures as well as my initial assesement of the new products. All in all I was very pleased.

• Engine bay cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, Adam's Boars Hair Brush and Adam's Lug Brush. All plastic and rubber dressed with Adam's Super VRT
  • Wheels cleaned with Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner. Polished with Adam's Revive Polish and sealed with Adam's Quick Sealant.
  • Tires cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and dressed with

Adam's Super VRT

• Wheel wells cleaned with Adam's All Purpose Cleaner and Wheel Well Brush. Dressed with Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray

• Pressure Wash car to knock off surface dirt.  Foam cannon soak with Dawn dish detergent followed by full 2-bucket wash with Adam's Car Wash Shampoo
  • Car was clayed using a clay bar alternative, Porter Cable Machine Polisher and proper lubrication
  • Paint Corrected with FLEX,  Adam's Orange Microfiber Pad and Adam's Correction Polish. Polished with Adam's White Microfiber Pad, White Foam Pad and Adam's Finishing Polish
  • IPA 70/30 mix wipedown
  • Apply Adam's Quick Sealant
  • Apply Adam's Brilliant Glaze
  • Apply Adam's Americana Paste Wax

Hood Before & After

1_zps1d0d693e.jpg

Roof Before & After

2_zps6e71eaab.jpg

Finished Paint

8_zpse0036c77.jpg

7_zpse5991d6d.jpg

Wheel Well Before & After

5_zpsb5b05717.jpg

Finished Engine Bay

9_zpsd5928d50.jpg

11_zpsda36f08b.jpg

10_zps09b4c83d.jpg

Complete

26_zpsd286e89c.jpg

25_zps39b16217.jpg

24_zpsb17db871.jpg

23_zpsca6f7b31.jpg

13_zps0bd18d5a.jpg

The Adam's One Two PUNCH!

27_zps3d1ae757.jpg

General conclusions on the new products:

1. I love the fact that I can now get the same (or better) results in just 2 steps; rather than 3. As someone who details as a side business, time is money.

2. I personally noticed less dusting than with the 3 step foam system. I made sure I cleaned the microfiber pads after each panel.

3. I was happy with the flash time with the Correcting Polish. However, I couldnt get the Finishing Polish to flash. Or at least it seemed this way. I just worked it for a number of passes and then wiped the polish off the panel. I was pleased with the results so I just went with it. Being that this is only my first time using this system, I will chlak this up as part of the learning curve.

4. Micro fiber vs. foam. I tried a variety of combinations of both pads. For this vehicle I used the micro fiber pads for both stages. I couldnt tell a noticeable difference between the white MF and the white foam. I chose to stick with the MF pad because I wanted to spend some time familiarizing myself with it and the foam pad seemed to get caked up too easily and started making a mess on the panels. Again, probably more leanring curve and user error than anything.

As I said, I was very pleased for being the first time using the new products. I think the pictures speak for themselves.

19 answers to this question

As a side note Ford did a heck of a job on the design of this car. Its downright sexy and thats not something you can say about a lot of cars in this 'class'.

Or something I ever thought YOU'D ever say about a Ford!

Great review! Thanks!