Customer Service 866.965.0400

double soft wont come clean

windycitylp

Question

tried to wash my double soft today and its not coming clean. i soaked it in dawn for several hours and then used revitalizer on the cloth in the first wash and then on the cloth and as the soap in the second wash.i had used this cloth to wipe off wax on my two cars. and it wasnt adams as i bought the wax before i became an addict. any tips would be appreciated. thanks...

9 answers to this question

Sometimes dirt will actually dye the fibers a different color - hence the reason it still appears dirty, it happens with heavy soils or heavily dyed products.  If you soaked and washed it - its clean, its probably just a bit discolored from whatever it encountered in its last use.  If you like you can try some bleach (diluted) at low strength (10:1 water:bleach) to see if it will come out - then rewash.  

I will say using Dawn on microfiber towels is not good. Dawn is dish soap and will ruin the microfibers.

Next time you clean one of the double soft I suggest you purchase Adams microfiber revitalize and brightener.  Spray the towel rub with your fingers the dirty areas and wash with a cap of the revitalizer. Mine come out almost brand new again.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-751-adams-microfiber-revitalizer-brightener.aspx

If its only discoloration theres not much to worry about. A white towel, for better or worse, is a hard thing to keep perfect. 

That being said, what is the stain? Can you get a pic of the towel? A boiling might help. 

yeah its just stained. its a new towel, used to clean off the hazed wax. i thought i read to use dawn to rid the towel of wax but upon further review that was for applicators. whoops. ill blame that one on the new baby in the house. sleep whats that? anyway, i hope i havent done damage to my microfibers. so i will only use the dawn on the applicators in the future. 

If its only discoloration theres not much to worry about. A white towel, for better or worse, is a hard thing to keep perfect. 

That being said, what is the stain? Can you get a pic of the towel? A boiling might help. 

yeah its just stained. its a new towel, used to clean off the hazed wax. i thought i read to use dawn to rid the towel of wax but upon further review that was for applicators. whoops. ill blame that one on the new baby in the house. sleep whats that? anyway, i hope i havent done damage to my microfibers. so i will only use the dawn on the applicators in the future. 

I usually just throw mine in the washing machine w/ALL free detergent for 30 minutes, dry for like 10-15 min on low, and just hang them to dry out some more.  As others have mentioned, they'll stain but are still good to use.  I want to try the revitalizer the next go around when i order though.