Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine super sealant..no beeds?

TCAM

Question

Real quick. I did 2 passes on the entire car with scratch and swirl, then one pass with fmp. I then put mss on the hood and nothing else. The rest of the car had buttery wax applied and nothing else (I also cleaned and sealed all glass). For the hood I let the mss cure for 30 minutes then wiped it down. Roughly 20 hours later I wiped down minor hazing on the hood with detail spray. Tonight my wife and I went into a movie while it was lightly drizzling. When we came out 2 hours later the car was loaded with water beeds on all glass and panels except for the hood. There was not a single drop on the hood at all.

Ok so maybe not so quick, but is that normal?

7 answers to this question

Was there ANY water on the hood? 

If there was none, then the water likely beaded and rolled off or sheeted away. 

There wasnt a SINGLE drop. The rest of the car glass included was LOADED. The hood was 100% dry to run the back of my finger against.

I guess what you are saying must be the case. That must mean that I applied the MSS completly evenly?

It seems as though from the responses I am getting and from what I have read that this isnt the norm though, and that others are getting beeding?

Lot of factors at work, but what you're calling an 'issue' is really ideal... water beads are proof of protection (something actively on the surface creating surface tension for the water) but the ideal scenario is to get the water off of the surface before it has a chance to dry. 

Beaded water rolls off easily so its good, but if the surface tension is thus that it causes the water to not only bead, but roll off on its own then you're getting the absolute best result you could hope for.