Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Detail Spray Different Color Than My Last Bottle

scott750

Question

I just ordered a new bottle of Detail Spray and compared to the bottle I got with my Clay Bar kit the colors are not the same. The new bottle has more of a creamy white color and the older bottle is a pink color. The older bottle is only 2 months old and has been kept in the house the whole time. Both bottles were the "new formula". Do you think there will be any performance issues with the new stuff?

20130630_141220_zpsec8bcf1b.jpg

20130630_141251_zpse5609b12.jpg

Edited by scott750

9 answers to this question

The pigment might have been affected by high temps during shipping but the performance should be the same. Of course if for whatever reason you feel the faded product doesn't work as well as it should, just give Adam's a call.  :2thumbs:

Guys thanks for the quick response! It was 105* when the package was dropped off Saturday. I was planning to clay bar my truck in the next couple days. I don't think the old bottle has enough for a whole clay bar job which is why I got another bottle. I'll email Adams and also see what they say before I'm in the middle of claying.

Yup, Adams customer service confirmed the off color is due to small batch productions and they say it should have no effect. So I'm good to start claying my truck.:D

yup same here.  when i ordered the new detailer spray, it came more of a cream pink instead of the bright i'm used to.  funny thing is the small travel size was bright, while the gallon size was cream colored.

We've started a new process with bottling... we used to mix for about an hour, then bottle the batch. Now we're 'bubbling' the mixture the entire time its bottled. Makes for a more consistent mix from start to finish, but we found all the extra oxygen made this batch a little more pale than before. 

Still working out the kinks... good news is that its purely a cosmetic thing... product will work the same.