Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do I add the Flex or the Cyclo?

Feets31

Question

My main ride is a 2010 Orange Camaro.  It is pretty clean or swirls.

I have a PC (used twice, so still a novice) and will have all of the 7 and 4 inch pads, both foam and micro fiber. 

A second car will likely be a GM, VW or a Cooper.

In a few years i may want to start doing some jobs on the side.  I will be in the mid 50's then. 

If I add another polisher, should it be the Flex or the Cyclo?

So i guess the question boils down to-- is the Cyclo closer to the PC or the Flex?  Or can the Cyclo perform the same as the Flex with just a little more work?  

I know that less vibration would be appreciated. 

I have been stuck deciding between the Flex and the Cyclo for days. I've read and reread all the related threads.  Like some people, I mostly do my own car and a couple for family members whose cars are in average condition.  This would seem to favor the Cyclo.  However, I know sooner or later I'm bound to come across a car that needs more serious correcting, swinging the pendulum back toward the Flex.  I don't want to risk being underpowered. Even if not doing serious correcting or large volume the time savings is a nice plus. But then there is the ability to get into tight spots and comfort of the Cyclo... ugh.  I guess the only solution to this torment is to get both.  That would be nice, but tough since I already sprung for a PC kit awhile back. For the time being looks like I'll probably miss this recent sale giving me more time to think.

I do about 10-15 cars a year. I started with a PC and eventually picked up a Flex. I use the Flex for everything but the small or tight spots. In those cases I use the PC with the 4" focus pads. I am very satisfied with this combination.

I own and use the PC, Flex, Cyclo and a high speed rotary. Each machine has it's place in detailing with pros and cons to itself vs. the others. If you've got the money or currently detail for money get all, you'll need each at some point. If not, pick one, you'll be fine to start. Watch the videos, come to a clinic or show Adam's is at and get the machines in your own hands. It's not rocket science, it's paint correction.

Worried the Cyclo isn't powerful enough, don't be. I taught the 17 year old neighbor kid the Cyclo in just a few minutes on his hammered Black VW Jetta:

IMG_6199resize_zps244b0718.jpg

IMG_6198resize_zpsc2bbf5bd.jpg

It's powerful enough for the average car for sure.

Worried the slight walk of the Flex will stress your shoulders, don't be. I'm scheduled for surgery on my right shoulder October 10th; diagnosed with a frayed rotator cuff, torn and detached labrum (to start) and I'm still using my Flex almost weekly. There's much more stress on my shoulders wiping off polish residue than holding back the machine.

Sounds like the cyclo is a much more versatile machine. If you can do carpets, paint, and bed liners with the thing thats insane! I was contemplating on whether to get the flex or the cyclone for myself, and since i dont really detail others cars very often the cyclone seems like the best bang for the buck. Quick question about the brushes, will these be able to be used for cleaning seats? Or is carpets the main focus with them?

I have been using the cyclo brushes on a PC for years . I have and  use on carpets and upholstery with great results.