Customer Service 866.965.0400

Debadging made EASY!!!

Chewy

Question

OK, I think I posted this on the debadging thread Dylan started, but I think it's gotten lost in there and this is something people need to know IMO.

I saw this a few months back, shared it with a forum member here and then did my truck last night and HOLY COW is it easy...  

So here's the video I watched.  It's TRULY this easy folks!  Don't mess around with an eraser wheel, or solvents.  Sure, if it's a really dried out crusty one, you may need to resort to something like that, but for the new ones, this is the only way to go! 

How To Debadge A Truck THE RIGHT WAY!

11 answers to this question

This worked on my side moldings on my truck, extremely easy.  NOT on my wife's 2012 caravan.  I had no choice but to scrub some of the glue off with goo gone & polish the area where the emblems were from me scrubbing.  Depends on the application IME

Yeah, no peeling here...  Just pull back like those 3M command strips.  Leaves nothing behind.  It was probably 75º last night when I did mine.  I used NO heat at all. 

That's great and all....but I can PROMISE you, it doesn't always work that way.  I WISH IT DID! :D  But not so much.....

Yes, to the fishing line.  But not all badge adhesives work like that.  80% or more of the ones I've done, need eraser wheels & adhesive remover.  Great find & thanks for sharing!! :)  But not all the folks on here should expect that to happen every time.  Especially on older vehicles.  Not trying to be "Captain Buzzkill."  Just realistic.

Edited by Chase@Adams

That's great and all....but I can PROMISE you, it doesn't always work that way.  I WISH IT DID! :D  But not so much.....

Yes, to the fishing line.  But not all badge adhesives work like that.  80% or more of the ones I've done, need eraser wheels & adhesive remover.  Great find & thanks for sharing!! :)  But not all the folks on here should expect that to happen every time.  Especially on older vehicles.  Not trying to be "Captain Buzzkill."  Just realistic.

This ^^^^