Customer Service 866.965.0400

Is my SHR gone bad?

Bootstrap

Question

Hey Adams Geeks, today I was working on my 97' ranger and I wasn't very pleased with my SHR. The bottle is about a year old, if not a little older. The problem I was having was that the polish seemed to be dusting, and "clumping/gunking" up instead of working into the paint. I didn't have that problem with SSR/FMP today, just the SHR. It was quite humid today, but the truck's paint was cool, and in the garage. Or could I have a bad pad?

Anyway, here is some eye candy from the day's work.

Before:

IMG_20130727_115451_954.jpg

50/50:

IMG_20130727_122648_442.jpg

IMG_20130727_131202_175.jpg

IMG_20130727_132051.jpg

Ended up working SHR really short, and just working FMP more..

4 answers to this question

Using too much product can clog up the pad and cause dusting and other things you've described, but since you used the other two products without any issues, it's hard to tell. How much SHR were you putting on the pad?

If it starts to get clogged up or dusty, use a mist of DS to reactivate the solids still in the pad, it will help unclog the pad and cut down on the dusting.

Sounds like maybe too much product or the surface was too hot, but you mention being in a garage so maybe not. With it being a year old maybe you're dealing with a settled product, so the solids to liquid ratios were off. Did you shake the hell out of it to get a good mix before starting?