Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stolen Classic Impala Returned to Owner.... RESTORED?

Team Adam's

Cool story from our friends over at BoldRide. 

Stolen Classic Impala Returned Completely Restored

1958-Impala.jpg

When a car is stolen in a large city, it is generally assumed that the car is gone for good. Either the cops have too much on their plate, or the car has already been chopped for parts and is scattered in pieces. But for one classic car owner, not only did get his ride back, but it was found in better shape then when it was stolen– completely restored to show car quality.

A California resident reported his 1958 Chevrolet Impala Convertible (pictured below) stolen six years ago. At first there was hope of the car being returned, but as the months and years passed, so did any glimmer of hope. Then the owner received a call from the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department. The vehicle had been found, and a frame-up restoration had been performed on it. Specifically, the resto-mod approach had been taken, with certain modern touches, and a thorough restoration performed.

Stolen-Impala.jpg

According to reports, the Impala was found when LASD served a search warrant on a location where three stolen classic cars were believed to be. The other two vehicles were a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air and a 1960 Chevy Impala. It is not said if these two vehicles could be traced back, as the Vehicle Identification Numbers had been removed. Good news is, one lucky Impala owner is getting his ride back– better than he left it!

Photo Credits: LASD

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Wow. I bet he is happy. I wonder what happens in a situation like that if insurance monies were paid out and it was recovered that much later. Either way i am sure he could sell it and still make out. Thanks for sharing.

Wow. I bet he is happy. I wonder what happens in a situation like that if insurance monies were paid out and it was recovered that much later. Either way i am sure he could sell it and still make out. Thanks for sharing.

When insurance pays out they get your title, so I'm not sure the former owner would have a claim. Though I suppose you could buy it back from the ins co.  Of course, a lot of folks with old cars don't carry full coverage, so would just be SOL in the case of theft.

The way I got it was the white lowrider is what he got back. The red pic is just a file photo. I'll attach a link to the Daily News article, states the car was originally black. I think the word "restored" is incorrect in this case.

Bruce

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20130809/stolen-classic-cars-recovered-in-antelope-valley-after-being-missing-for-years

Edited by b_pappy