Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray Disaster

IrishCurse

Question

So, rookie mistake does not describe this accurately enough.  I was drying my fiancee's Jeep after washing off the IOS that streaked bc I used too much and it rained (she complained about the streaks).  Trying to dial in my usage.  Seems like the stuff likes to streak MUCH easier that SVRT.  Anyways.  I washed that off easy as heck.  While drying with the MB, I was worried about the front end drying and leaving water spots.  I though, "Let me use the DS as a drying inhibitor until I get to those particular spots."  I fully understand that method is to be used when drying with a great white - I've done it many times.  Why I dried with the MB, I cannot tell you.  Needless to say, a nightmare ensued trying to remove hot air dried DS from the panels of her doors, front end, etc.  Used WW, DS, GC on the glass, did not end with satisfactory results.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  I've needed to fully correct her paint due to marring, swirls, and etching from the factory, I assume that will have to be my method for best removing this horrendous rookie mistake as well.

7 answers to this question

SIDE NOTE:  Spray the area with I&O and then use a dry polishing towel to wipe off the excess.

I&O is hydrophilic so it will run...  SVRT isn't hydrophobic but it's close so it repels water.  Even SVRT will streak if left on too thick...  

Crap happens.

I screwed up and used APC to clean up Super VRT streaks on the windows tonight.  Wonder how they'll be tomorrow morning in the full day light?  

In my defense, It was dark in the garage and I saw green. I didn't realize it until I was done and it was really dark then.