Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trim Revival

BadRock

Question

So I recently decided to tackle my wife's extremely neglected minivan with some of my new found Adam's products and came across this....

IMAG0438.jpg

Any suggestions? I washed it and applied Super VRT but it didn't really do the trick. I was thinking of getting my hands on some In and Out spray and trying that but thought I would ask you pro's.

Thanks in advance!

12 answers to this question

No, I just washed with shampoo and dressed with Super VRT. It came out looking alright but I question the longevity of the finish. I guess cleaning with all purpose cleaner is probably a good start, then what would I finish with for a long lasting finish?

No, I just washed with shampoo and dressed with Super VRT. It came out looking alright but I question the longevity of the finish. I guess cleaning with all purpose cleaner is probably a good start, then what would I finish with for a long lasting finish?

SVRT. That stuff can last for a while when applied to a clean surface depending on weather of course.

Like Mook said, you need to scrub them really well with Adams APC.  It's super strong and will get rid of most if not all of the oxidation and THEN you top with SVRT.  Remember, with SVRT more is less and less is more... ;)   Put it on and then after letting it sit, level it off with a dry MF towel.  If you don't it'll run in the rain.  

If SVRT didn't do it, I&O won't either.  

Is that trim even made out of plastic or rubber?

That's what I was thinking.  On the G8 it is clear coated black paint.  That almost looks like the clear coat has failed.  

If it is rubber, definitely needs some APC love.  

It's horribly oxidized plastic - SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB!  A pad conditioning brush is fantastic to use along with APC for scrubbing oxidized trim - the bristles are the perfect stiffness and rounded at the tips so as not to gouge the trim pieces.

BEFORE:
post-1105-0-54752800-1377145113_thumb.jpg

SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB with pad conditioning brush:

post-1105-0-41300600-1377145122_thumb.jpg

AFTER:

post-1105-0-44525900-1377145132_thumb.jpg

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome