Customer Service 866.965.0400

I think I am doing something wrong

Junior

Question

So I went to polish my car with the new two step system and it looked great until I saw it in the morning sun today. I have holograms. They arent overly noticeable but is that typically easy to correct? I never got them using SHR and FMP. I guess there is a little difference here that I need to figure out between the old and new polishes. Is that mainly in the work time for the PFP? I thought it looked like vaseline but maybe it wasnt quite there. I did basically two vertical passes and one horizontal or vice versa depending on what you want to call the first pass. Please educate this grasshopper!

12 answers to this question

3 total passes on a panel?  Is so, the polish had not flashed yet.  I believe the new polish last longer and that is how it takes out scratches quicker. if you only did three passes I doubt the polish was close to flashing. 

3 total passes on a panel?  Is so, the polish had not flashed yet.  I believe the new polish last longer and that is how it takes out scratches quicker. if you only did three passes I doubt the polish was close to flashing. 

Agreed but I still don't think there would be holograms.  My guess is he's mistaking hazing for holograms.  Gonna need pics but I think more time working the polish should take it out.

Sorry yeah let me try to provide more detail

it was the Flex on speed 5 and I think I sm putting about 5 lbs of pressure

I did not clay because the paint was relatively smooth. Maybe it had more contaminants than I realized.

I will get a pic up as well.

It was in shade and I was moving at about 10 seconds per lengthwise pass.