Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Sealant

I love the quick sealant, question on wheels though. I used QS on my chrome SS wheels, and I use APC on the tires, will that strip the QS off the wheels?

Probably not after one use of APC but it will definitely shorten the life of the QS on there. I would recommend cleaning them back up with WCW or CS during your next wash and re-sealing. Then just use WCW or CS to clean after.

sorry to hijack but seems fitting. I am deciding on buying quick sealant.

I watched the video, how can I tell if I got all the spots on the vehicle?

How long does a can last?

How long does the sealant last?

Can the sealant come off easily if you dont want it on?

Can you put too much sealant on and can you notice ?

I tried searching the forums but the search function is not very friendly.

thanks

sorry to hijack but seems fitting. I am deciding on buying quick sealant.

I watched the video, how can I tell if I got all the spots on the vehicle?

How long does a can last?

How long does the sealant last?

Can the sealant come off easily if you dont want it on?

Can you put too much sealant on and can you notice ?

I tried searching the forums but the search function is not very friendly.

thanks

When you apply the sealant you can see it on the paint, it's not invisible like the video may seem.

A can can last at least 6 cars I would say.

Durability seems to be about 6 months, some more and some less depending on a lot of factors.

More than 2 coats really isn't necessary.

You can remove it by adding a few ounces of APC into your wash bucket.

Thank you so much for your answer!

You have helped me greatly. Looks like it will be in my next order :)

Not sure what I was thinking not already having it. Good think I did not do my winter prep yet!

When you apply the sealant you can see it on the paint, it's not invisible like the video may seem.

A can can last at least 6 cars I would say.

Durability seems to be about 6 months, some more and some less depending on a lot of factors.

More than 2 coats really isn't necessary.

You can remove it by adding a few ounces of APC into your wash bucket.

i tried this for the first time today on my wheels.  i am very impressed with the ease of use and the shine it put on the wheels.  i drove it bit today too, some hard braking 100-60mph, and the wheels definitely seem to have less brake dust on them.

one more adam's product in the detailing arsenal  (i don't have any other brands in the arsenal)

I think he means if he goes to use DWC in his wheels that are coated with QS, but if they are coated it really isn't necessary.

Correct. My brakes build up dust fast and thick, perhaps my driving has something to do with it too. I'll try to not use DWC this weekend and see what the results look like.

I'm guessing that DWC greatly reduces the life of QS.

I RE corrected my G8 this last week, cleaned with IPA, then applied AQS, and then topped with Patriot.  HOLY CRAP is Patriot nice.  I like carnuba's for garage queens, but I find they hold on to contaminates more so AQS for the DD's and my G8 will get both!  

I clean my wheels with Adams Car Shampoo mixed with water in a spray bottle.  For VERY bad wheels, I have GWC and DWC, but I VERY seldom use them.

Correct. My brakes build up dust fast and thick, perhaps my driving has something to do with it too. I'll try to not use DWC this weekend and see what the results look like.

I'm guessing that DWC greatly reduces the life of QS.

It will... so in the name of maintenance we suggest soap/water washing or stepping down to GWC (which is milder). The idea of DWC isn't to be your 'everyday' cleaner... it should be for the times when milder cleaning methods don't work or the contamination is significant enough to justify it. 

Its fun to make your wheels turn color and all, but DWC isn't cheap and if its not needed you're better served to use a milder approach - not only to save some $$ but to preserve your QS coating. 

thanks dylan.  i'll give it a try with DWC.  it does such an awesome job that i have used it at every wash on our two DDs.  (i used Sonax prior, so its a long standing habit, not saying it was the right one).  Hopefully the QC makes cleaning the wheels easier and winds up saving me some money by requiring less frequent use of DWC.

I love the quick sealant, question on wheels though. I used QS on my chrome SS wheels, and I use APC on the tires, will that strip the QS off the wheels?

Try using APC with the foaming sprayer in the tires, won't run as much that way. I didn't need to reseal this summer on my SSS wheels, they still clean up easily with Adam's Shampoo in a Foam Gun.