Customer Service 866.965.0400

Vintage Baseball Glove, COMPLETE turnaround Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

2012CC6.2

Well, i dont know what all to say except that Adams Leather Cleaner with the brush, and Conditioner did an amazing job on this late 1940's model baseball glove. I am starting a collection of gloves and wanted to clean this up without worrying about harming it. These two products absolutely floored me in how they performed on such an old piece.

post-9166-0-24860000-1382763038_thumb.jpg

post-9166-0-09814200-1382763066_thumb.jpg

post-9166-0-28672100-1382763082_thumb.jpg

Good turn around - but be very careful with vintage items: not so much because of damage, but because it is possible to "clean the history" out of it - believe it or not, a dirty, tattered antique glove is far more valuable than one that has been cleaned up.

Source:  Former curator at baseball HOF who's been wanting to get his hands on my great uncles turn-of-the-century mitt  ;)

Good turn around - but be very careful with vintage items: not so much because of damage, but because it is possible to "clean the history" out of it - believe it or not, a dirty, tattered antique glove is far more valuable than one that has been cleaned up.

Source:  Former curator at baseball HOF who's been wanting to get his hands on my great uncles turn-of-the-century mitt  ;)

I actually thought the same thing.  Pawn Stars has mentioned this before when I have watched episodes.  And the customer is kinda taken back by it when the particular expert makes mention of it.

Nice turnaround Tyler!

Thanks!

Very nice job and cool idea for a collection.

Thank You!

I know alot of gloves will diminish in value if you are to tamper with them, but this one is just an art piece for me so i felt as if it would be ok for me to do. I actually plan to put it in a wooden display box along with a brand new 1940's baseball i have purchased.

Beautiful. There's something about a baseball glove... They're treasures. I still have mine from when I was about 8 and my dad and I would play catch, then of course the little league years. The glove is the second oldest possession I still have -- the oldest being a teddy bear that my granddad gave me when I was born.

I don't have kids, and I haven't thrown a baseball or softball in years, but I don't think I'll ever part with the glove. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...