Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Woolies ordered, along with Hex-Grip applicator, looking forward to it!

Ricky Bobby

Question

Well I already own the Super Block applicator (love it), and still have a half bottle of SVRT left (a little really does go a long way, I've had the bottle over a year now), but since my recent thread about deep wheel cleaning (which I really only do 2-3 times a year at most), I figured what could make wheel cleaning more enjoyable and save the skin on my hands when doing the inner barrels?

Well, Wheel Woolies of course!  I absolutely LOVE the fact that Adam's made the large and medium woolie the same 18" handle length, and I looked up the old thread with the side by side comparison, good thing I looked!  I almost bought the "stock" woolies from another vendor, but leave it to Adam's to keep the price point same for the 3 pack, and make some nice improvements to them as well!

Looking forward to adding them to my wheel/tire arsenal and making the job easier.  (Currently have the 20" Fender/tire brush and Deep Tire Scrub brush)  Even though I only use DWC 2-3 times a year (with a coat of sealant afterwards) at most, should be a lot of fun even with a bucket of suds to clean the wheels up!

Also threw in my second bottle of Rinseless wash (I mixed up a gallon of Waterless with the first bottle I bought), and a Hex-Grip applicator for the tires, always wanted one and looking forward to using it on my 20" wheels on the X5 and my wife's 17" wheels (soon to be 18").

That should hopefully get me through till spring, but by the time it warms up in Jersey I'm sure I'll be needing a fresh gallon of V2 detail spray!

Silly question by the way, do you use a dedicated wheel/tire bucket (a true 3 bucket method) which doesn't ever get used as a wash/rinse bucket, or you just rinse out and refill with fresh?  I have an extra 5 gallon bucket in the basement, was thinking about a 3rd grit guard and using it as a dedicated wheel/tire bucket, or am I just being redundant with that?

18 answers to this question

Love my woolies and I'm sure you will too!

As to your bucket question, I keep a separate black bucket for all of my wheel cleaning tools. This way if some brake dust is somehow left in the bucket or a brush, I won't accidentally let it touch the paint. Plus it keeps all of my wheel cleaning tools in one bucket, nice and organized :)

Edited by Gen9Rolla

Thanks man I'm looking forward to getting them and saving the skin on the back of my hand lol!

I'll check my shelf space, if I can fit a 3rd bucket up on top in the garage I'll put a grit guard in it and use it as dedicated to wheels tires, plus would be a good way to store the woolies, lug nut brush, etc in there!

I use a dedicated bucket just for wheel cleaning tools. 

It's relatively cheap insurance to ensure that no brake dust/wheel nastiness ever makes it's way onto your paint.

If you don't have the room for another bucket, then your option, as you mentioned, is to clean the wheels first then rinse the bucket out and refill.  I'd use this one as the "rinse" bucket, not the "soap" bucket in your 2-bucket system.

I LOVE the Wheel Woolies!  The thicker handles make them easier to work with too.

I use a third bucket, but it is one of those flat sided ones and I just use it for storing/transporting the tire cleaning supplies.  I keep the Fender Brush, Tire Brush, Boar's Hair Wheel Brush, the 2 large Woolies, a 36 oz. bottle of pre-mixed Car Wash Shampoo, 16 oz. bottle of APC (diluted 50/50 with water), 16 oz. bottle of GWC (diluted 60/40), and a kneeling pad in the bucket part.  In front is a oval shaped 'handle' area where the old and new Lug Nut Brushes, and a SwissVax lug nut brush are stored.  I drilled a small hole beside the 'handle' to store the small Woolie.      

I usually don't use a bucket for the wheels. The only time I end up using a bucket for the wheels is when I am doing a really thorough cleaning and need many products to get the job done. Normally I just carry two bottles (GWC and APC) in one hand and in the other hand carry the wheel brush, fender brush and lug brush. If I am needing the wheel woolies I will then grab a small utility bucket to use as a caddy but never put water in the bucket for the wheel use.

I use a dedicated bucket just for wheel cleaning tools. 

It's relatively cheap insurance to ensure that no brake dust/wheel nastiness ever makes it's way onto your paint.

If you don't have the room for another bucket, then your option, as you mentioned, is to clean the wheels first then rinse the bucket out and refill.  I'd use this one as the "rinse" bucket, not the "soap" bucket in your 2-bucket system.

I keep forgetting to get a second bucket for wheel and fender duty. Thanks for the reminder Nick.

I have small screws/hooks on the wall of my garage next to the "detailing shelf, going to be adding a couple more perhaps, with the woolies I will probably drill a small hole and put a zip tie on each so I can hand them from a hook.

Right now I have the fender brush, tire brush, and lug nut brush hanging up, I'll make a spot for the woolies, and the future Boulder blonde brush when I get one of those.  Boulder Blonde brush should be good  with the 20" handle for agitating the engine bay when cleaning as well as doing the wheels.

Like I posted earlier this week I usually just use a soapy bucket of car shampoo to do wheels and tires first on a regular basis, and only do a Deep Cleaning about twice a year with DWC.  So for my whele/tire regimen a dedicated bucket is useful, I don't have to walk back and forth to the garage to get a different tool, and I don't have to put anything on the ground (unless its a brush then i put it bristle side up).

Ok so I got the woolies today, cleaned them out with apc (always do this to get any loose fibers out before use) and they are ready to rock. VERY Sturdy construction, I will be using these for years I'm sure.

Only nit pick I have is that the large woolie material is more like loose carpet fibers, whereas the small and medium woolie heads are more of a tufted, tight pile. Kind of wish the large was like the other two, but it's prob like that by design so the large woolie head can get in some tighter spaces.

Oh and I have officially adopted the true 3 bucket system, my white Leak tite bucket from my basement is now on my shelf doing dedicated wheel/tire duty only! Gonna get a grit guard on my next order for that bucket.

Will be easy to distinguish from my wash and rinse buckets since those are both orange HD buckets (made in USA).

My brush collection from Adams is almost complete, I currently have the lug but brush, fender brush, tire brush and wheel woolies, all I need is a boulder blonde and I'm set.

I have to say at 15 bucks I'm most impressed with the use and versatility of the fender brush as a bang for the buck purchase.

Thanks to the Adams team for taking on the wheel woolie design and expanding it/making it for the better!