Customer Service 866.965.0400

In-line Water Softener/Filter

Last fall, Dylan had announced that an in-line water softener/filter was in the works from Adam's. I even remember posting on that topic/thread. However, i cannot seem to find that topic anymore, and it is not in my comment history. Did that thread get deleted?

I was just wanting to check and see if there are any updates to the development of the filter. It is a product that I am VERY interested in, and I'm sure many others are interested too.

Thanks

Edited by banjozach

You remeber correctly, there was discussion, and it was in the works. I don't know for sure, but the project could have been dropped when they dropped some of the accessories.

I'm sure someone will answer definitively on Monday.

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Bruce and Nick.  Since the product is on hold for right now, I guess I will find another water filter for the time being.  I will gladly buy an Adam;s filter as soon as its available.  Thank you for your reply, and sorry for not getting back sooner!  

And just for good measure, here is my Mustang after I gave her a complete wash and detail with Adam's this weekend!

81809812c1d411e388000002c9d4e906_6.jpg

Edited by banjozach

We use a CR Spotless unit and have had good success with it.  The resin is expensive, but it will change your paint!!

Cheapest I found it (3 years ago) was @ Costco.  I tried becoming a dealer, but Costco sells it for less than CR would wholesale it to me for!

CR Spotless

I'd love Adam to sell one!

• 2 weeks later...

No problem!  Best price I could find was Costco, but that was about 4 years ago when we bought ours.  Great product!

I use a CR Spotless system and LOVE it! I actually ordered a 4 pack of the replacement resin for $150 from Costco. Had to order online as they don't stock it in my local store.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a CR Spotless system and LOVE it! I actually ordered a 4 pack of the replacement resin for $150 from Costco. Had to order online as they don't stock it in my local store.

I've always been fascinated with the CR system. How long does the resin last? Is there a gallon counter on the machine to let you know when you need to replace the resin? I could see myself using this in the summer when the sun is baking my paint. I usually have to wait until dusk to wash my vehicles so the sun isn't a factor. 

We use a CR Spotless unit and have had good success with it.  The resin is expensive, but it will change your paint!!

Eric, what exactly did you mean by "it will change your paint!!"?

Edited by fito

The CR Spotless is a must have even if you don't have hard water. Basic question about resin life: The harder the water........ the shorter the resin life.

I use my CR for washing windows too....... No soap for a spotless glass.

CR Spotless user here as well, and man is it a time saver!!  Cuts wash time in half, because there is no need to dry. An expensive unit, yes. But if time is money, its saved me a lot of time!  

And for the person who asked; yes there is a TDS monitor on it that lets you know when you need to replace the resin. 

After a few washes, it is actually noticeable, especially if you are used to hard water.  The paint will remain slippery and shiny. 

Even with a coat of sealant, I feel hard water dulls your paint.

Funny, my wife and I were discussing this also. Not sure if it's my imagination, but it does seem cleaner, and even my painter was impressed. I know the wax (and glaze) is a lot of it, but the water can't hurt either. I'm using the PureTec industrial deionizer resin system.

Been interested in CR spotless for awhile .  My enthusiasm kinda dulled recently after reading some reviews though. Of the people who didn't like it the main complaint seems to be that the resin is expensive and that you don't get as many washes out of it as one would expect, even when using it only to rinse during your wash cycle.  Seems the resin can become contaminated with algae easily also.  For those of you that have it, would you agree with these statements? I really wanted to get one of these things.