Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT

KBsToy

Question

9 answers to this question

Different plastics will hold the VRT better than others but it sounds like you had too much on there. Apply very very small amount. On some plastics or trim rubber materials you need to come back with a dry clean microfiber and wipe it down to remove the excess that the plastic won't hold.

Edited by DaveVY

I had streaks and runs down the sides of my truck when I first started using SVRT as well.  Make sure the trim is clean and free of any prior products and its already been said but let it sit then wipe with a dry microfiber and your trim will be looking great.

You have to really clean the trim off well with APC first.

Take an all purpose MF and literally spray the whole trim with APC like you are spraying the tire, then wipe it off with the MF towel as you "scrub it" off.

Give a couple mins to dry and apply a SMALL amount of VRT, work it in with an MF applicator or foam block or similar applicator.  It's not applying leather conditioner or wax here, you're applying just enough to let it get into the pores of the plastic, there should be none left on the surface when done.

If you are applying SVRT to hard plastics, you need very little product to do so. Sometimes, you can even dress hard plastics with just the residual product still in the applicator. Hard plastics won't absorb SVRT the same way soft rubber (weatherstrip, tires, etc) does.

And like others have said, make sure the surface is clean before dressing.

Why are you rinsing it? Should just be wiped on and left.

I guess you could also just be washing these areas after application, but I apply vrt when I'm done

Thats what I was doing,  rinsing down car :(