Customer Service 866.965.0400

Why do I have scratches

Vinipizzetta

Question

I recently purchased a 2011 Corvette GS. The car is pristine. The seller told me he used Zaino on it. I only use Adams products. The car had absolutely no scratches on the paint. So I used a mild wax remover to start fresh. I washed the car, then I clayed it. After that I used revive polish followed by Brilliant Glaze. To top off the paint I did two thin coats of Americana. Again, using only Adams microfiber and applicator's, I can't figure out why I have these annoying scratches. Any tips to remove them and to prevent them in the future? I understand that the more you touch the cars surface, the more likely you are to get scratches on the surface.

8 answers to this question

The damage could have already been on the car and was being hidden by filler wax, like Chris said. Or you could have simply not seen them the first time. It is also likely that the damage you're seeing was introduced during claying, or even washing. Couple of different possibilities, but regardless you will need a correcting polish to remove swirl marks. Revive is a paint cleaning polish and is not designed for removing those types of imperfections. Can you take a photo of the scratches?

Zaino makes products that the user applies multiple times by hand that fill and hide scratches on the finish. they do not have a true paint correcting system like Adam's

you can try to remove the scratches with your PC, but it may take you more passes than most finishes because corvette clear is very hard. i would suggest starting with the microfiber machine pads for more cutting power.

I'll toss in another vote for the scratches being filled/covered by the products the previous owner was using on it.  It's heavy with fillers and does nothing to actually correct swirls/scratches.

As the guys noted, C6 clear coat is quite hard.  I'd suggest using the PC with our Paint Correcting and Paint Finishing Combo, along with Microfiber pads.