Customer Service 866.965.0400

Patriot wax

KBsToy

Question

9 answers to this question

You can strip, seal seal seal seal seal seal, wax wax wax wax wax wax but you should never strip, seal wax seal wax seal wax.   

;)

Keep wax to 2-3 applications MAX and always on top of clean paint or sealed paint.  NEVER put sealant over wax.  

Again Thanks for info !!!!! I have the car strip and paint is in good shape (garage queen) getting ready to go from there but wanted to clarify my procedure...

Skip the sealant if its a garage queen.  You paid $250 for a wax, use it as a stand alone LSP like it was intended to be used.  Putting a sealant underneath is a waste of time & money and there's always the possibility that you will induce damage on your paint during application and removal of the sealant.  If your paint is corrected and stripped, apply Patriot and sit back and enjoy.

Edited by camaro2ssblack

Skip the sealant if its a garage queen.  You paid $250 for a wax, use it as a stand alone LSP like it was intended to be used.  Putting a sealant underneath is a waste of time & money and there's always the possibility that you will induce damage on your paint during application and removal of the sealant.  If your paint is corrected and stripped, apply Patriot and sit back and enjoy.

I agree with the above.

If you are REALLY OCD, then yes you can still put the sealant on before the wax.  It is technically a waste of time as it is a garage queen, but hey, whatever suits your fancy.  :)

Mine's a garage queen, but I always lay a base of sealant on.  I still drive it, and it still sees bugs and perhaps bird poo.  I want the extra protection.  I put Patriot over AQS and it looks wonderful.  AQS takes no time at all to apply and remove so in the scheme of things, it's not THAT time consuming.  Especially after spending two days correcting the paint. 

Just my opinion, but I like to have that base of sealant.  

Chris