Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sealant / Butter Wax in the sun?

Raptor

Question

7 answers to this question

yes, but i would recommend working in sections.  apply to a few panels and then remove.   those two products remove very easily so sun shouldn't be a problem but i would avoid doing the whole car at once.  just my opinion.

You can but you shouldn't. Paint should typically be cool when applying Glazes and Waxes. It helps adhere better and dry more evenly and less rapid. I would only do this if you absolutely had no choice.

I agree with Eric, if you do apply in the sun, work 1 panel at a time.

yes, but i would recommend working in sections.  apply to a few panels and then remove.   those two products remove very easily so sun shouldn't be a problem but i would avoid doing the whole car at once.  just my opinion.

Eric is right!

If you feel the panels are going to be too hot, you can fill an empty spray bottle with distilled water and put it in the fridge before you start washing. Then when you are ready to apply your wax, use the cold water to cool the panel down. Spray, wipe dry with a separate towel, then apply your wax as normal.

If you feel the panels are going to be too hot, you can fill an empty spray bottle with distilled water and put it in the fridge before you start washing. Then when you are ready to apply your wax, use the cold water to cool the panel down. Spray, wipe dry with a separate towel, then apply your wax as normal.

Never would've thought of that. Good tip

I would recommend staying out of the sun.  I would be worried about any kind of dust, pollen or debris falling on my car when working outside.  The last thing you want to do is grind that stuff in the paint by machine or hand.

But, I understand that not everyone has a garage to work in.  Work one section at a time and don't let the polishes, etc linger too long on hot paint.