Customer Service 866.965.0400

toddimac

Hello All,

Due to a period of unemployment, I let my car cover deteriorate to the point that it needs to be replaced. Now that I have a job offer in hand, and I ready to buy a new, high quality cover for my 03 Porsche Boxster S.  It is parked outdoors all the time, and I live in the DC Metro Area.

Like most on this forum, I am willing to pay for quality, fit/finish and Made in USA.

Any brand/type recommendations?

Thanks

Todd

I wouldn't recommend covering a car that lives outside........the wind will whip the cover and it will scratch your paint.

I agree, but if  you have to cover it, be sure to tie it down tight with bungees or whatever. California Car Covers seem to be the most popular ones. 

Thanks to everyone for the replies.  I decided to go with Covercraft.  I'll let everyone know how it works out.  I will say that with the amount of trees in my neighborhood (which really means birds), I absolutely need to keep it covered.  Thanks for the advice about keeping it tied down to prevent scratching the clear when it is windy.

Cheers

Todd

Thanks to everyone for the replies.  I decided to go with Covercraft.  I'll let everyone know how it works out.  I will say that with the amount of trees in my neighborhood (which really means birds), I absolutely need to keep it covered.  Thanks for the advice about keeping it tied down to prevent scratching the clear when it is windy.

Cheers

Todd

I would still recommend doing a complete sealant and wax job before putting the cover on (for added protection).  :)

I would still recommend doing a complete sealant and wax job before putting the cover on (for added protection).   :)

I agree.   I almost always do a waterless wash wipe down before I put the cover on.