Customer Service 866.965.0400

about to start a correction, need advice

Fit08

Question

I have a Chrysler Concord with a lot of swirls and some abrasions do I jump in with green pad SSHR OR microfiber and new system. My gut tells me SSHR as I've not yet gotten a lot of microfiber time and not sure how good it would do. Trying to save alittle test time.

Thanks

14 answers to this question

Try least aggressive method first. Go at it with an Orange Pad and SHR a few passes. You'd be surprised what it can do.

The green pad with SSHR can cause more damage sometimes if the paint isn't as bad as you think it is.

Ralph, If you have the new Polishes & MF pads thats what I would use......it will save you time and you will achieve better results.

Hello Chris,

Responding well to Micro, but needs two orange goes and one white to be happy perfect no, happy I think so.

Question, can you just go over top polishes like the old system OR do you need to wipe each step as I now know what it takes.

Ok guys, hood is complete all swirls gone a few scratches in the upper middle of hood. My back leaning into hood for section passes just would not allow pressure on flex and anymore to try and get out.

The brinkman is a funny beast to use, you need a certain angle to see scratches for sure, swirls are fairly easy with it. Sometimes it is too bright I think.

I hope to complete the rest tomorrow. It will be a huge day with lots of Advil I think.

I'm pleased with the shine that came back to the hood. Once again in the garage under halogen and the brinkman it looks fine I hope this time in the sun my dreams don't get crushed!

How about some photos Ralph?  Thanks!

Hmmm, the big fish himself, I guess Ill have to try real hard on the photos.

By the way Adam I must say I really liked the jeep polish video as it's the first one ever showing the flashing of polish real well. Thanks!!

No need to try real hard Ralph, just snap a few and post away, we are mostly NOT photographers here!

Thanks for your kind words, and lookout for some new videos coming soon.....

Ok, today is a new day and moving along on the concord.

I've been finding the finishing polish to be much "grabber" with microfiber then orange microfiber and polish, I also find the finishing polish to be "tacky" to wipe off. My first thoughts were I'm not working it long but at this point I've done 4-5 section passes and the heat build up is get warm for sure both on panel and pad. I also lighten up pressure after two section passes.

The results are were they should be.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I feel if you are having a hard time removing the polishes that you're working the polish too long.

Think of wax. The longer wax dries on a panel the harder it is to remove. Same with Polish. If you work it too long, it will start to dry (thats where "dusting" comes from) and it will make it harder to remove.

Edited by Kingsford

I feel if you are having a hard time removing the polishes that you're working the polish too long.

Think of wax. The longer wax dries on a panel the harder it is to remove. Same with Polish. If you work it too long, it will start to dry (thats where "dusting" comes from) and it will make it harder to remove.

Hi Kingsford,

I've not seen a lot of dusting until recent and I'm also seeing "steam" coming off the orange pad so I do have some heat into panel and pads. To much do you think? But this polish is fine to remove only the finishing gets "grabby". I notice machine (flex) got bumped to 6 so dialed back to 5 "steaming" much less if any. I also lighten up on pressure.

I understood the new finish had a longer work time so I am working longer, both polishes really. Results are fine no marring or holograms that I can see.

Well, pretty much done, just need to correct front clip and clean windows and trim in spots and call it a day which I will do Sunday as it has been a 13 hour day today no stop. I'm going to soak in the tub I'm just a aching!!!

No photos, not able to get the blasted camera to work! It was a tough enough day.