Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie with ultimate shine quest

ACRCAR

Question

So I recently clayed my car to the point where it looks pretty damn good without doing anything else.  I am looking to get the absolute BEST shine out of this thing and so that brings me to ask a few questions here:

I have some of the older products from Adam's like the Swirl & Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, Brilliant Glaze and Buttery Wax (New Formula).  I was planning on applying these products in the order mentioned, but have since ordered some of the newer products like the Paint Correcting Polish & Paint Finishing Polish.

I'm getting confused with all of the products and which should go on 1st, 2nd, 3rd. 4th, etc...

What combination of the above would you all recommend and also where does Quick Sealant Spray fit into all of this?

Looking forward to spending an entire weekend finishing my super shine quest.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

4 answers to this question

Do you have swirls or scratches? If so how bad are they? What color are you working with?

If you do and they aren't too bad you can get away with white pad & PFP, or you might have to go with orange pad and PCP first.

It's hard to say without seeing first....Can you post up some pics so we can help you better?

BTW, the new polishes are so much better than the old system.....you will achieve better and faster results with the new PFP and PCP.

Best advice you will get will be to watch the videos.

The new 2 step polishes replaced the old 3 step system.  If you have the new polishes there is no need to use the old ones unless you just want to use them up.

So if I use the Paint Correcting Polish and the Paint Finishing Polish in that order, do I just follow up with Buttery Wax and then sealant?

I am working on a graphite colored car with silver stripes (02 Viper ACR).  Paint is nice, but it does have some swirl marks that are pretty visible.  Not many significant scratches, but a few.  I think I need to go full boat.  I am looking for the best results possible.  Don't care if I have to do 10 steps.

You would use QS in place of, or before, wax, especially if your car is a daily driver. Additionally, QS is great for protecting wheels, exhaust, etc. since it can withstand high heat.

Correct -> Polish -> Seal -> Glaze -> Wax

You don't have to use each step (for instance, glaze or sealant can be omitted) just don't jumble them up.