Customer Service 866.965.0400

Strip wash correct??

dave 316

Question

Maybe this is not a bad problem to have but, here goes. a year ago I did a correction with the Adams system. Was starting my yearly correction using the new 2 step system and started a strip wash. 5 oz of all purpose cleaner, 3 oz of dawn and car shampoo in a bucket. 2oz of all purpose cleaner, 2 oz of dawn, car shampoo in the foam gun. Then did the 2 bucket wash. When I was done, I had what seemed to me as the same amount of beading like I just waxed it!! I am going to clay before polish of course, but I just wonder if it was stripped or not??

I know I used a lot of APC and Dawn, but wanted to strip in one wash

Edited by dave 316

10 answers to this question

Corrected and smooth paint will bead water to an extent even without wax. Is your car garaged? Did you do the baggie test to see if it needs to be clayed? What is the extent of swirls that are in the paint? Sounds to me like your paint is just already in decent enough shape, which is good to know before you start your process, so you don't have to be as aggressive.

Baggie test done, can feel slight grit, not crazy but its there. there are a few light swirls and scratches here and there. car is garaged, never seen rain. It also gets garaged at our beach house, but even in the garage there, sea air is a killer!!

You can do a IPA wipe down,but I never do.....I go straight to sealant or wax.

Watch Adam's video's, Adam never does either......

Same here.  If you are using Adam's polish I would follow right up with sealant or wax.  If you are using a non-Adam's polish then IPA would be ok but at a small dilution as posted up above.  If you have revive polish you could use that as a paint cleaner prior to using sealant/wax. 

Same here.  If you are using Adam's polish I would follow right up with sealant or wax.  If you are using a non-Adam's polish then IPA would be ok but at a small dilution as posted up above.  If you have revive polish you could use that as a paint cleaner prior to using sealant/wax. 

Bingo!

Only two spots really need both steps of the polish. The rest should be fine with just the finishing polish. My question I'm sure is a dumb one, Will the spots that got both steps of polish look shinier than the rest that only got finishing polish? I plan Adams paint sealant, then glaze, then paste wax after.