Customer Service 866.965.0400

DWC as a Paint Decon: Awesome!

Ricky Bobby

Question

If you want to cut your claying time in half, do what I did today. Dilute DWC 1:1 with water, which makes it a bit more spray able over a larger area, and after your wash, when the car is still damp, give a misting over the entire car and let it dwell for a few mins.

Then give a rinse, lubricate your panels as usual, and go clay! You'll only need to go over the area once with clay, makes claying super fast!

Pulls out contaminants just as well as "Brand X" and at 1:1 it works just as good yet you are saving product! Full strength I sill use DWC every 3-4 months, and car shampoo in between.

But if you want to save some time claying and skip doing multiple passes with clay to get your paint/glass smooth as can be, try it out!

Previously I tried it full strength but was intrigued by a post from last year giving a nod to a 1:1 dilution for more hang time as a paint decon.

Bottom line, try it before your next detail/ clay session.

Double bonus: this will negate the need to add APC to your wash bucket as a strip wash since the DWC seems to strip pretty nicely!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

6 answers to this question

I think this goes without saying but if using DWC as a Paint Decon, make sure the car is cool to the touch and there is NO direct sunlight anywhere, you don't want it drying on the paint.

This is a HUGE point, and exactly why we don't actively market is as a paint decon product.  If it's allowed to dry on the surface, it can cause some staining that will need to be polished off.

If you spray DWC on your paint, then sit down in the garage to take a break, fall asleep for 2 hours, then come back and expect it to rinse right off.....well, I told ya so!  ;)

Aka you shouldn't be doing decon with DWC after a bucket of brewskis?

:)

I think the dilution of 1:1 also helps with it not drying as fast, and I didn't see any sacrifice in cleaning power either, but no stains whatsoever when finished last night (I also did a clay alternative fine grade mitt and a pass with clay after rinsing DWC, before doing a final rinse and then spritzed with diluted Rinseless to dry), so two thumbs up on this product as you really hit it out of the ballpark!

Many equate a comparison to Sonax FE when talking about DWC, but I find that Sonax FE could never do the double duty as a paint decon spray because of its thick, gel-like consistency makes it efficient on wheels only.

Btw the new batch of new spray heads are not only extra durable, but seem to spray all the liquids fantastic as well!  Keep this style, they really are nice!