Customer Service 866.965.0400

"Old Machine Super Wax" left over

bobfred44

Question

I am detailing an older DD drive Jeep.  Steps completed so far: 1. Wash/Blaster Dried/Sealed glass 2. Clayed 3. Paint Correcting Polish 4. Paint Finish Polish 5. Compete vehicle Quick Sealant.  Glazing and Wax are the final two stages left. After glazing I have many options for waxing.  I have in my collections a. Buttery Wax. c. Machine Super Wax (never used before) c. Americana Wax d. Liberty Was.  I think for this vehicle, although in great shape the Liberty and Wax may be over kill.  This leaves me with Buttery and MS Waxes.  I never used Machine Super Wax before but have used Buttery and know the great results.  Has anybody used the Machine Super Wax before it was discontinued.  If have, are there pros and cons. of using the product.  Comparing to Buttery, which last longer and easier to use?  Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Buttery Wax doesn't last terribly long, the MSW will give you longer lasting results. As for ease to use, Buttery wax is simple to apply easy on and easy off.  MSW ............ you have to use a machine and could take longer depending on how good you are using the machine. 

I say go for the Americana.  Long lasting, great results, easy to use, and even your DD deserves to be kept looking great for as  long as it can.

Buttery Wax doesn't last terribly long, the MSW will give you longer lasting results. As for ease to use, Buttery wax is simple to apply easy on and easy off.  MSW ............ you have to use a machine and could take longer depending on how good you are using the machine. 

I say go for the Americana.  Long lasting, great results, easy to use, and even your DD deserves to be kept looking great for as  long as it can.

Thanks Rich.  I just don't want to waste the MSW but may want to use the Americana since the Jeep will be shipped to out of state to our daughter and lasting longer is better.

The 'wax' part of MSW is a misnomer - it is really a sealant.  Since you already have on one sealant I would say go with one of the waxes.  MSS replaced MSW, but they only changed the label!

Yeah I too would go with a wax! Just another form of protection that will last quite a bit of time. The Americana are pretty freaking awesome and I'm sure you would love it and the results!