Customer Service 866.965.0400

New website is up.......

Forum and website are complete different, neither has an effect on the other, so the site update won't change your ability to get onto the forum. 

It's not a licensing thing, the message is just saying the old website is no longer available.

Can you try it on a phone or a different computer?  That should help pinpoint it.

I even re-started my computer. Out of my ideas here, hopefully it is a problem with our firewall--unless you have a license that hasn't been updated yet. The Forum still works great.

Could be that your DNS server has not been updated to the new IP address. In a new browser window, type in the IP address 192.190.220.254 instead of adamspolishes dot com

Just typed www.adamspolishes.com into Safari, on my iPhone and was taken to Google. When I selected the Adam's one the message read, "Page can not open in Safari".

This is so odd. I have been trying to force my computer/browsers to get this message. I have used Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. Both in regular and "incognito" modes and still cant make it have that hiccup.. Im going to keep trying things to figure it out as well!

Just typed www.adamspolishes.com into Safari, on my iPhone and was taken to Google. When I selected the Adam's one the message read, "Page can not open in Safari".

Dave, I just tried that on my iPhone and it worked fine.....then I Googled Adam's and that worked fine as well.

Could be that your DNS server has not been updated to the new IP address. In a new browser window, type in the IP address 192.190.220.254 instead of adamspolishes dot com

^ This. The move will take a few days to propagate throughout the interwebz. Some people will see the new site while others will not. It's temporary and happens when a domain is switched to a different name server.

A domain (such as adamspolishes.com) is only a logical pointer to the physical IP address (in this case, 192,190.220.254, as Dan pointed out above) of the server on which the website is stored. Looks like we're just caught in transitional limbo as the domain is still resolving to the old IP address for some people. Since there's nothing at the old IP address anymore, that's why those people seeing placeholder pages.

Maybe there are still isolated issues, as I'm unable to log into the new website with my email and password as well? I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE on my desktop and Chrome on my phone.

Did you request a new password? I think Matt said that the old passwords were not ported and a reset request is needed to get that taken care of.

The extended shopping cart would basically be if we let items sit in your cart for longer, say 30 days before they disappeared. 

Matt, I've updated the links in the forum header to point to the correct URLs. Also, the script file that was running the social media rotator next to the Adam's logo seems to be missing. The forum is looking for it at http://banners.adamspolishes.com/abm.aspx?z=1 Shoot me a message if you need that pointed to a different location.

Unfortunately we could not bring over password information (security issues from the encryption). If you type in your old email address and click "Forgot Password" you should be walked through setting up a new one!

I would suggest adding this instruction to the Account Login Screen.

Something like "Current passwords of Registered Users were not brought over to our new website.  Registered Users should click on  Forgot Your Password .  You will then receive an email with a link that will allow you to reset your password and you may then enter your existing password or create a new one."

It might just save having to answer a few thousand emails and phone calls.

Did you request a new password? I think Matt said that the old passwords were not ported and a reset request is needed to get that taken care of.

Ah ok! I missed that post.  I just sent a reset request and all is well in the world now :) Thanks!

Edit: I should add that the new website is outstanding! Job well done, excellent :)

Edited by psu goat

I would suggest adding this instruction to the Account Login Screen.

Something like "Current passwords of Registered Users were not brought over to our new website.  Registered Users should click on  Forgot Your Password .  You will then receive an email with a link that will allow you to reset your password and you may then enter your existing password or create a new one."

It might just save having to answer a few thousand emails and phone calls.

Agreed, and we will get that up soon!